1914 Ek1 Cd800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1914 Ek1 Cd800

I recently picked this cased EK1 marked CD800 from Mr. Niemann in Hamburg. It is not often that I see these particular crosses, but this one seems especially unusual. Until seeing this cross, I had only seen the CD800 mark on the reverse of the badge. This one has the mark on the pin. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks,
    Brian
    Attached Files

Reverse with MM...
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is one offered by Detlev this past week. It has the mark on the reverse of the badge.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Brian,

I don't recall seeing one marked like yours before. The variety in 1914 EK1s never ceases to amaze me!

Regards
        Mike K
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Interesting, I have never seen the stamp on the pin. I try an imagine someone trying to stamp the pin. The different varients in the 1914 EK's are endless.
          Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Hi,

Greg, markings on the pin are VERY common for other makers - Imperial and Third Reich! I guess it was done before the pin was attached though.

Brian, I should have asked in my previous post - do you own a "standard" CD 800 marked cross (with the marking on the backplate)? If so, are the markings the same.

Regards
            Mike K
            Regards
            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

These are very very fine crosses in great condition! Congratulations!

Comment

Nice, very nice, I can only see half the EK insignia on the lid, does it have the 1914 on the lid as well?

Comment

oops let me clarify, I have never seen the CD 800 on the pin nor could I visualize them stamping such a large marking on the pin.

This cross is a varient with its marking (CD 800) fit (squeezed) onto the pin.
                  Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Mike- This is the only CD800 marked EK I have, so I can't compare the marks in person. As far as the mark on the backplate however, I have heard that two different syles have been seen...

CD800

and

CD

As for the one that was offered by Detlev this past week, it is not mine. It's probably in the mail on the way to some other lucky collector. The case that cross is in is actually a bit unusual and it's totally different than the one I have. For the record, I think that the EK insignia of that case is blank. I don't believe it includes the date of 1914.

Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X