Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha

Two different awards from Sachsen-Coburg-Coburg and the same design - I've looked for the thread of the two piece bar from the Zeige auction, but I didn't find it. At first the Herzog Carl-Eduard-medal - it was an award for merit at home (sometimes with a bar) and for war-merit (with bar and swords)....
    Attached Files

..why do the Herzog gave out an equal medal "Für Heimatverdienste" like this and especially on man got both like the medalbar of Zeige shows....
    Attached Files

Comment

Claudio Ortelli got that bar-- he's posted his own excellent scan here on the Forum. I brought it back up front for you.

But what on earth is that last THING on the second bar, Werner?

Comment

Werner & Rick,

Herewith I am sending a large a better detailed pic of my 2 medals bar with the "Ovale Herzog Eduard-Carl Medaille". The silver oval medal has a silver mark content "Silber 990" on the right frame in the middle. They have been awarded from 1905 until 1920 (Verleihungen 416 in Silber, Medaille für Heimatverdienste: 1226 in Bronze, 809 in Gotha und 417 in Coburg, Nimmergut Handbücher).

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Reverse of the bar

Picture of the reverse with the tailor's label...
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Claudio + Rick

a very nice bar, you have got from Zeige. It's the bulgarian award of the red-cross, I think. The Zar had relations to Sachsen-Coburg and got Asyl after WW1.

Werner

Comment

bootyful!

beautiful,beautiful bars.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X