Marinekorps Flandern medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marinekorps Flandern medal

Here's one different from what I normally collect.

I'm sure most of you probably noticed the ribbon is not correct for this medal and is in fact that of the Ehrenlegion medal.
    Just when I figured I had looked at everything...

Unfortunately, I didn't see the small differences in ribbons prior to getting the piece in hand, but like the detail of the medal so much and would like to keep it and possibly put an original ribbon on this piece.

Any suggestions to where I might find/buy an original ribbon in decent shape? I understand the medals are more common than the ribbons.
    Tim
    Attached Files

Reverse

Attached Files

Comment

Even it is unofficial it is a beautiful award.
      You can contact Herrn Freitag for ribbons, he has got nearly all (new made) German ribbons on stock:

http://www.sammler-eck.com/

Comment

...and Tim, don´t fall in love with anything "metal" he offers, it is newly made as well with a probability of 99%!
        Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank, do you mean the "zinky-stuff" of Imperial?

Comment

Thanks guys for the information, I'll try the link.

Frank, not to worry my friend as my money goes fast enough elsewhere

I did like that one recently on German eBay though and wish they would have shipped to the USA. Even had two clasps on the ribbon.
            Tim

Comment

Dear majorpayne,

I just know his Third Reich stuff is 99% bogus and to be honest, this would also make my interest in anything else go away rapidly unless I would know 100% what I am looking at. If you are dumb enough and don´t ask and don´t show him that you know "something", he also passes his modern ribbons off as originals at shows.

Not one to be trusted.

Cheers, Frank
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank,

Well, it may not matter as the link only gives me an e-mail avenue to the guy and no "shop" per se.

I know what you mean on degrading a nice looking original medal with a modern repo ribbon--just kind of ruins the credibility to the whole piece IMO.

Thanks anyway guys,
                Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X