Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions, decisions....

Hello guys,

I have to make a decision and I think I made it already, but Id like to ask anyway:
    If you had the choice between the items on the first and the second picture, what would you take?

And also, I see once again the ribbon of the centenary medal isnt correct, isnt that the ribbon for the military Karl Friedrich Order? And are those original at all?

Thanks for your help!

Kat
    Attached Files

second option
    Attached Files

Comment

Neither, but that is just me. What do you collect Kat?
      pseudo-expert

Comment

I would look at the Imperial table on the e-stand before I decided on either. There are several very nice, near mint items that you could pick up for probably close to the same money...

Comment

Is it really that bad? Its an exchange actually. To be honest Im selling something, but the guy wanted to make a deal. What Im trying to find out is if the deal is worth thinking about at all... as in reselling these items. So, what youre saying is I should just ask for the money?

Don (is that right?) I collect Imperial and TR militaria. Mainly EKs, Hindenburg crosses and mother crosses.

Comment

Originally posted by KatL.
            Is it really that bad? Its an exchange actually. To be honest Im selling something, but the guy wanted to make a deal. What Im trying to find out is if the deal is worth thinking about at all... as in reselling these items. So, what youre saying is I should just ask for the money?

Don (is that right?) I collect Imperial and TR militaria. Mainly EKs, Hindenburg crosses and mother crosses.
            It's not that they are "bad", just nothing special really with no great value. What is it that you are selling? Be careful that you are not getting taken...

Karl Friedrich Order- Yes they are real, and awarded about 2,700 times (silver), but in this case, the best medal on the bar is gone. The ribbon isn't worth that much by itself...

Comment

Hum... well, let me ask this way... does the medal bar come anywhere near 75 EUR? I dont have a clue what ribbons are worth, I usually just dont buy loose ribbons

Comment

Hum... well, let me ask this way... does the medal bar come anywhere near 75 EUR? I dont have a clue what ribbons are worth, I usually just dont buy loose ribbons
                75euros for the bar.....I don't think so. I don't see 75euros worth of ribbon bars either. Wait for some other opinions though....

Comment

Ok, thank you very much for your help! Youve made my decision easier. Wouldnt have been the first time I got an item Ill never get rid of again lol.
                  Thanks again!

Kat

Comment

.error

Comment

of course, that could very well be. thanks for looking! i was only searching some sites looking for that ribbon and took the first result i saw. that makes the bar even less desireable as an exchange item. also, im still waiting to receive photos from the backside of the bar, i actually think someone put together his own little medal bar there...

Comment

speaking of backsides:

oh the medal you found had the wrong ribbon too isnt it?
                        Attached Files

Comment

oh the medal you found had the wrong ribbon too isnt it?
                          My mistake, that is why I deleted the post.

Look at the frontal shot in the area I circled.........see how the ribbons overlap? I am not sure that this has not been messed with. Let's see what Don thinks.

BTW..has the Hindenburg cross been painted black? I think I see chipping on the front and overspray on the reverse (backside) . I wouldn't bother with it.
                          Last edited by IMPERIAL QUEST; 10-31-2006, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Yeah Ive seen the black hindenburg cross too. but seeing the backside of the bar.... i wouldnt want it if you said it was ok lol, it just doesnt look right

Comment

Yeah Ive seen the black hindenburg cross too. but seeing the backside of the bar.... i wouldnt want it if you said it was ok lol, it just doesnt look right
                              There you go... . If your gut tells you no, and it does not look right-it probably isn't .There are far better medal bars (complete and correct) that can be had for very affordable prices. Good luck in your search.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X