David Hiorth

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilhelm der grosse Deutcher kaiser Medal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilhelm der grosse Deutcher kaiser Medal.

hi all. I dont know if this is posted at right thread. I recived this medal today bought from judgin of a bad pic and at a low price.The ones i have seen on dealers sites etc. has all had a broncefinnish vile this one got a silver finnish.The ribbon is pale blue and not yellow.There is some strange meatal-hook atachment and an metall eylet to the ribbion,looking close lite the ones used to curtians still today.It is quit heavy and large. What is this medall??

Br.
    Attached Files

It's definitely the Kaiser Wilhelm Centennary Medal, but on the wrong ribbon. As for the finish, it could be the zinc variant, as not all of these were bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince
      It's definitely the Kaiser Wilhelm Centennary Medal, but on the wrong ribbon. As for the finish, it could be the zinc variant, as not all of these were bronze.
      Concur.
      Mike, what size is the medal please?
      Thanks,
      Eric Gaumann

Comment

Certainly the wrong ribbon for that medal. That type of setup with the eyelet is the Austrian trifold mounting style with the insert missing in this case

Comment

Originally posted by EricFG
          Concur.
          Mike, what size is the medal please?
          Sorry for the late answer.I was aming to meassure the medal and have its weigt tonight,but it seems i missplaced it I`ll get back with the spicifics when i found it again It is about 40 mm diameter and quit heavy piece.

Edit: I found it again,dident look in the right drawer Here are the info about it. It`s diameter is 39.93-99 mm and it wights about 36 grams including the ribbon and small metallparts at the ribbon.I dont think the metal is Zink.The silverfinnish is verry"silverish" metall looking.

Kr.
          Last edited by Mickesouth; 05-30-2006, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Your medal looks as if someone tried to silver plate it or give it a silver wash. The medal is bronze as can be seen in your scan. No medals of this type were made in zinc but there is a rare variety in gold plated silver listed in Nimmergut. Fred

Comment

Thank you for the input all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X