Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gibraltar tunic :)

Hello,

i was able to get this nice tunic out of the woodwork last weekend. It wasn't cheap but it is 100% untouched for nearly 100 years. It was found in an large estate sale. There was also the fieldgrey tunic from (a M10) from this men, but it went way over the market value....
    I was also able to get pic of the real wearer of this tunic.

Regards

Heinrich
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

and the wearer- note the cuff title
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Heinrich.
          Thank you for showing the tunic and the photo.
          The crossed horseheads bring memories from way back when the display of them in the countryside of Lower Saxony was quite frequent.
          Just for those readers who may not be familiar with the Fueselier Rgt. 73 (Hannoversches) it was also the regiment to which Ernst Juenger belonged who was the last living Ritter des Ordens Pour Le Merite.
          I have been trying to obtain the Pickelhaube for this regiment as well as the Tschako for Jaeger Btl. 10 (Hann.) to complement the tunics I am fortunate to have . The particular headdress inscriptions make it difficult to find the right ones.
          Bernhard H.Holst

Comment

Very nice Waffenrock Heinrich. Gruß, Tony

Comment

Hi All,

Being so partial to Hannover, I can not adequately express my thanks for the beautiful material shown on this thread. With regard to the Gibraltar honor, I would like to add the medal pictured below to the mix.

This is General Eliott’s Medal for the Defense of Gibraltar. Quoting from British Battles & Medals by E.C. Joslin, A.R. Litherland and B.T. Simpkin “The medal was presented by General Eliott to his Hanoverian troops. The defense was carried out (from 21 June to 2 February 1783) by some 7,000 British and Hanoverian troops against French and Spanish forces. British troops appear to have gone un rewarded (!)”. The medal was designed by L. Pingo. Most were silver; but there is evidence of some in gold and although issued as seen here, some were fitted with suspension rings and, usually, a dark blue ribbon.

Again, thank you for a great thread.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Comment

General Eliott’s Medal for the Defense of Gibraltar
                Attached Files

Comment

General Eliott’s Medal for the Defense of Gibraltar, reverse
                  Attached Files

Comment

Heinrich!

Did you get a picture of the M10? I have never seen a Feldgrau Waffenrock from this regiment. Was it an issue or Eigentumsstück? Would you say how much it sold for? Obviously curious about this piece.

I have an enlisted (Dunkelblau) tunic from the 79.I.R.

Chip

Comment

Hello Chip,

i haven't got pics but it was a for Regiment Nr. 77. It was bought for nearly 1.800 Euro (including krätzchen, shoulder boards were cut of but where there separately). It was an isue piece with the proper marking in nice condition, nothing replaced or added, nearly no moth damage. It was bought by a dealer from the Hamburg area (not one of the well known ones) who said he bought it for an canadian colelctor.

Regards

Heinrich

Comment

Tony,

A Canadian collector......hmmmm. I wonder......

Heinrich66,

By the way, if is was a true M10 there would be no reason to cut off the shoulder straps because they are removable! It must be an M10/15 vereinfachte piece.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M
                          A Canadian collector......hmmmm. I wonder......
                          Noop. Not me, I am innocent. I also thought Heinrich66 was describing an M10 FR73 Feldrock. That would have been something!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X