40 years military service....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40 years military service....

In 1939 the oak-leaves were give for 40 years service in the army - the awards were stopped a few month later, when the war began. A little marine bar of a "Sperrbrecher"..
    Attached Files

..and one with the Hanseatic cross Hamburg..
    Attached Files

Comment

..and one for Stogie-Rick from a saxon Zahlmeister...
      Attached Files

Comment

Stupid question of the day

Why did they stop awarding the long service decoration when other awards were being churned out by the millions?

Comment

Who knows? I mean, how complicated was it if you signed your career enlistment (draftee hordes not eligible) on xx/xx/xx to figure out when 4, 12, etc came up?

But the Prussians and the Imperial navy did the same thing in WW-One, suspended for the duration. Maybe just Bureaucratic Tradition!

The civil service Treudienst crosses were also suspended after January 1943.

I've never been sure about NSDAP, Polizei, Customs, R.A.D. long services etc since not that many documents turn up. I've never seen any after early in the war, but then I'm not looking for them particularly either.

Comment

25 year NSDAP decorations were awarded in 1944, so maybe the Party big nobs felt they deserved the decorations. I will start a topic over on the documents forum to see if anyone has anymore info. Thanks Rick.

Comment

Awesome groupings!

Beste Grüße

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X