Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friends identified PLMs

Gentlemen,
    I had a esteemed member of this forum send me the following photos of two PLMs in his collection. He was asking for my opinion on them and my reply was something like " OMFG!!! ". First up is one in silver gilt with a "god awful crown" (as he put it).
    Dan Murphy

Reverse.

Comment

So you ask. Who is it identified to? Here is a photocopy of the original document for the above piece. Thats right, Oberleutnant der Matrosenartillerie Friedrich Christiansen. The only naval seaplane pilot to be awarded the Pour le Merite in WW1.

Comment

Here is the document for the crown awarded in 1967. The signature at the bottom is of Theo Osterkamp, himself a PLM winner and head of the Orders association in 1967. The crown on the above PLM is identical to one shown on the PLM of Arthur Laumann in "Prussian Blue". This one is just attached in a different way.

Comment

Here is a photo of Christiansen in 1936, then a Generalmajor of the Luftwaffe.

Comment

Next up we have the hollow gold PLM with oakleaves of GenLt. Artur Arz von Straussen-Burg awarded on 28 Aug. 1915. He was awarded the Oakleaves on 6 Aug. 1917. My friend attributes the immaculate condition of this piece is due to the owner being Austro-Hungarian and therefore he may not have worn it often. Whatever the reason, it is a magnificent piece.
            Dan Murphy

Comment

Reverse. If you have any questions, I will forward them to my friend who wishes to remain anonymous. I do not have them in hand so it may take a day or two for an answer.
              Dan Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Murphy
                Reverse. If you have any questions, I will forward them to my friend who wishes to remain anonymous.
                No questions Dan, please pass on that it was kind of him to share. However, my jaw is sore from hanging open for the entire time I looked at these. I just cannot imagine having an attributed PLM. Completely out of my league.

Comment

OOOOOO MY GOD!!!!!

very very very nice plms!!!!!

sorry by the ignorance but how many can cost a plm original, one with a crown, and one with a okleaf??

thanks and regards

Carlos

Comment

I'd say those two qualify as beign AWESOME items, especially with papers and the backround.

Say a big thank you to your friend for sharing them.
                    Antti

Comment

A friend's PLM

Ditto everything said to this point. Can I say that, "my tongue went hard while looking at them," and not be thrown off the Forum? Any dealer recommendations for vintage issue, non-copied PLM's? Mike
                      Last edited by MikeB; 04-14-2006, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I would rather own a PLM than a RK any day of the week. Thanks for sharing.
                        pseudo-expert

Comment

WOW

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X