PLM collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM collection

With all the discussion lately about PLMs, I thought I would dig a picture out of the archives. Most of us will never see an authentic PLM in person yet alone own one. This is a private collection and is absolutely outstanding.
    Attached Files

Nice helmets!

Comment

The rest of the cabinet
      Attached Files

Comment

I would rather own a PLM than an RK any day of the week.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Oustanding Greg... a Prussian GDC helm and the Saxon parade helm to boot!!!

Not to mention the PLM's!

Who's collection is this mate?

Marshall

Comment

I recall seeing those photos and others in the archives, that were posted during 2003. There is some impressive stuff in there (the GdC and Saxon helmets if real are nice items in any collection) however I don't think all of what can be seen in there is real. (My apologies to the owner if he's reading this.) One of the photos that wasn't posted here, is a close up of the PlM on the mannequin. In that photo, the PlM can be seen clearly enough that.... it looks like a post WWII reproduction/fake of the type sold by Morigi, Reddick and some other low grade reproduction peddlers have sold. In another photo is a Black Eagle Order collar that doesn't look real either. How real are the rest of the medals? I can't say since there aren't enough details in the photos to say. Considering the PlMs in the large display case are not displayed as prominently as the helmets or uniform with the PlM around the neck, (and considerring one PlM is arguably worth more than the GdC, or Saxon Garde-reiter helmets) I have my doubts about whether they are real. Five or more 'real' PlMs would form the center of almost any Imperial display rather than in a place where you'd have to bend over close to the floor to see them clearly. Some people say if you've got it flaunt it. Perhaps there is a counterpart saying about fakes, that if you've got them, don't flaunt them? Les

Comment

Hi Guys,
              Ihave no ideal who owns this collection and I couldn't tell if all those PLMs are good or bad.

Here is a link to the original thread-----------
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=plm

Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X