And 5 medals, with China DM at the end
    Attached Files

Comment

For good night two single bars:

- Südwestafrika Denkmünze with three battle clasps

- Kolonial-Denkmünze with Kamerun 1884 clasp
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice colonial bars, Tomasz. Thanks for showing!

Also once again thanks for your help with the Sachsen-Weimar medal earlier on

Comment

Hi Frank,

you are welcomed

greetings
          Tomasz

Comment

Great bars Tomasz!

Really like those singles mounts!

Comment

Lovely bars Tom

Comment

Very nice Tomasz perhaps I should post a few of my Ostsee Division bars in this thread. As we both share a common interest in Finnish awards they might be a fitting contribution in this thread as we both are active here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
                  /.../ perhaps I should post a few of my Ostsee Division bars in this thread. /.../
                  Come on

Comment

As promised, some pre 1934 Ostsee Division bars... I picked to show these as they show most variation.

Four awards for bravery/excellence in battle, Senior NCO or Junior Officers bar in my opinion. A quite rare combo as only 83 of the 4.class Cross of Liberties 1918 were ever awarded to Germans.

This one is attributed to a Wachtmeister named Richard Steiner in the Sächsisches Karabiner Regiment. Note the 3.class is the highest award someone from his rank could possibly receive. The 3.Class Cross of Liberty 1918 was awarded to Germans 344 times. Interestingly the 3.Class (1918) is as the award itself naturally scarcer than the 4.class (1918), but the 4.class is much rarer to find on a German bar.

Last, a Bavarian bar with the 1.Class & 2.Class medals of Liberty (1918)

Comment

Very nice Dansson. The Finish awards are always very attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
                        Very nice Dansson. The Finish awards are always very attractive.
                        +1

You guys (all) have great collections with amazing pieces. It's a pleasure to see them and inspires one to keep getting out there and looking!

James

Comment

Thanks, the 1918 Finnish awards are nice and my main collecting area
                          German awards are as well in the center of the collection, but I know already which I would pick if I had to focus only on one area.

Comment

The Bavarian was a really globetrotter, fighting from Tyrol to Finland

Comment

Originally posted by tompress View Post
                              The Bavarian was a really globetrotter, fighting from Tyrol to Finland
                              From the most Southern tip of Germany to the most Northern front any German was during World War 1

Here's a bar for a German (Helsinki Kämpfer) with the Liberation of Helsinki 1918 medal. Medal isn't that rare but a tough nut to find on a German bar.

Down below is a photo of German medics in combat at Pasila (a district in Helsinki) 1918, carrying a wounded enemy soldier (Red soldier) which I find fitting to post besides this medal bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
                                From the most Southern tip of Germany to the most Northern front any German was during World War 1
                                Tyrol is indeed an Austrian state - and its Southern part was taken by Italy during the WW1 This Austrian medal was established in 1928, and awarded to soldiers of local units - and all (including foreigners), which have defended Tyrol against Italy 1915-1918

PS. The medal bar (and photo) with Helsingin valtauksen muistomitali is really top
                                Last edited by tompress; 08-17-2017, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X