• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse:

Of this one looked like this:
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stogie,

nice stuff!! You sold all this beauties for Your St.Henrys?

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

And the Piece de La Resistance:

CASED! Second Class RK w. Swords. Non-titled case, Neck-order width ribbon inside, plus the order itself. Now, I cannot state that this was the issue case for sure, I've never, ever seen this cross in any case before. But, it came from Germany like this:
        Attached Files

Comment

Another view:

No fitted tray in the base of the case, just a padded interior like on the Brunswick Henry The Lion Order cases.
          Attached Files

Comment

And the final photo:

Looks like this! And yes, every single one of these went Bye-Bye for St. Henry at one time or another. The only one I regret parting with is this cased one. Well, the First Class as well....
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Ohh... yes Kobe's auction, I only bid two items in his last auction and got none. I can't wait to see his next auction. Hopefully a grand cross of the OWF will show up.

Daniel thank you for the complement,

Stogieman, yours is even better then mine. I don't know if I am right or wrong on this but both 1st and 2nd class of White falcon should be identical except 1st is in gold and 2nd is in silver? Can you tell me why the swords in your 2nd OWF are shorter compared to your 1st OWF?

Best regards

Comment

I didn't realized you have post more scans Stogieman, I meant the first 2nd class of OWF on the first page(with shorter swords).

Best regards

Comment

Probably just a...

.... preference of the original recipient who wanted to see all his enamel, or a glitch on the part of the Jeweler. That one is the only example I have seen with swords that short. As you can see, the second class will show up quite a bit, whereas the First, is truly a scarce award. Also, Any grade with no swords seems to be very hard to find! About a year ago, a Grand Cross Set, no Swords, showed up on Manion's of all places. I was outbid at the last moment. It was purchased by a German dealer, who re-sold it and bought himself a new car!! That was the only Grand Cross set I've ever had a crack at. It had quite abit of enamel damages/chips but still fetched a heck of a price!

Comment

Dear Stogieman

Thanks for the information and scans.

Best regards

Comment

My WF RK 2. Kl. mit X

Hannibal,

As promised you I am posting my humble Hausorden vom Weissen Falken: isn't it cute? It was taken off very likely from a medal bar... I swear that I wasn't... I would never do that! That's sacrilege too me, too!

Ciao,

Claudio
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Dear Claudio

Thank you for showing your RK 2nd class, yours is beautiful. Now I must go search for a silver one like yours.

Best regards

Comment

Hannibal,

Thanks for your nice words... It is still a quite scarce decoration if you think that it was awarded just 596 times during WWI. Even more scarce is the WF 2nd class without swords which was given only 37 times during WWI.

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

I love this order, even if the falcon looks like a pigeon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X