misc items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

misc items

Just got these from the son of a vet. Can someone help me identify the less obvious pieces and value for each?
    Attached Files
    HC

Attached Files
    HC

Comment

back 2
      Attached Files
      HC

Comment

Attached Files
        HC

Comment

back 3
          Attached Files
          HC

Comment

2 is a Prussian Fireman's commemorative medal (for 25 years did it say?).
            3 is a sweeeet Baltic Cross, awarded just after WW1 (for Freikorps actions, I believe). Nice award!
            Thanks,
            Eric Gaumann

Comment

wow!

The REAL star of this lot is middle left-another Freikorps award, much rarer than the Baltic cross.
              Interested in selling perchance?

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh
                The REAL star of this lot is middle left-another Freikorps award, much rarer than the Baltic cross.
                Interested in selling perchance?
                Yes, Jeff is absolutely right, the best find in this lot is the "Bew******228;hrungsabzeichen V. Armeekorps".

The Baltic Cross is nice too.

Nice find!

Gerd

Comment

I would like to give a translation for the name of the badge, but i am not sure. What means "Bewährungsabzeichen" in English?

Probation badge for the 5th Army Corps?

Comment

Thanks for the information so far guys, very interesting. Can someone tell me the value of the baltic cross and the freikorps award? Need close up pics?
                    HC

Comment

Originally posted by Gerd Becker
                      I would like to give a translation for the name of the badge, but I am not sure. What means "Bewährungsabzeichen" in English?

Probation badge for the 5th Army Corps?
                      I would translate "bewahrungsabzeichen" as "Hard-earned award". It doesn't really translate into english'-"to show ones' mettle, prove oneself through adversity' etc.

Vernon -10 years ago thought the Baltic cross was $65 and the Vth Corps badge was $100. I would add 35%-50% to those numbers. I see Baltic crosses for $100-$125 and the Vth Corps would go for more-but my guess is $150 would be fair.
                      Last edited by McCulloh; 04-03-2006, 07:01 AM. Reason: correct spelling add picture

Comment

Thanks, Jeff. And i agree with your evaluation.

Gerd

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X