Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you can get Austrian/German medal bar

Dear imperialoids,

Another incredible medal on Ebay Deutschland (http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...category=15506)

Ciao,

Claudio

Thanks for sharing, Claudio!

Looks very impressive. Is the combination possible? I don't see any glaring errors but this really isn't my strong suit.

It's got to be worth 1100 Euros, no?

Damn I hate being poor! ha!

Cheers

Adam

Comment

Impossible not, but very very.... aahh... "interesting"

Comment

Same seller, another MONSTER bar:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=3202912624

Comment

Interesting indeed

Interesting is more along the lines of what I was alluding to...

Surely a bar of this magnitude would be attributable? That is, if it is not made up...

Otherwise I guess it's just worth the sum of the value of each individual medal.

Cheers

Adam

Comment

They look...

...OK, the only real question I had was on the Austrian Bar it looks like an Eastern people's Award, Second Class. I don't believe that would have been awarded to an Austrian. The Austrian Iron Crown & FJO look legit, so if somebody "cannibalized" to make these, it cost them a few Euros to do it!

Comment

hmmm...

Both these auctions seem to have been cancelled...not sure if by ebay or by the seller? Very peculiar indeed.

I think you are right Rick that does indeed look like an "Ostvolk" decoration, and it's my understanding that an Austrian would not get one, unless perhaps they were awarded to commanders of "Ost" units? Can anyone enlighten us on this?

Cheers

Adam

Comment

These are "kitchen sink" frauds. Real life was rarely as "Spectacular" as these. These are so far over the top I am incoherent with derision and scorn for the butchers.

Although the style of medal bar with flat bottom, no "bow" of ribbon behind the bottom of the awards WAS an original style, it was an uncommon original style.

It is the constantly overworked choice for currently being mass produced Frankenstein frauds, because it is so much easier to snip off ribbons and sew them flat top, flat bottom like these.

Although not an AUTOMATIC indicator of fakery, when you see one of these NOWADAYS, be immediately on your guard and start checking all the other problems.

Like how an Austrian WW1 Super Hero was in the German POLICE (no ribbon emblem) on the WESTWALL in spring 1939....

The vile, despicable, and utterly IMBECILIC ghouls who wantonly ruin ORIGINAL items of real EXISTING value in order to present butchered sh!t like this simply demonstrates how incredibly STUPID greedy human bacteria are, LESSENING value of items that were valuable before being RUINED by Where Eagles Dare "enhancement." Tarring and feathering, horsewhipping etc etc are all too good for these moronic vandals. These buttwipes must be bronze-plating Olympic gold medals in other scams of equal "genius." moremad moremad moremad moremad

Comment

C'mon, Rick. Tell us what you REALLY think!

In shared sentiment,

Ed Haynes

Comment

I just wore myself out with a rant on the more obvious impossibilities in the copy of this thread I put over in the General Wehrmacht Forum. Whew!

Note that the backings are now being stained, soiled, "cigarette burned"... but the imbeciles failed to "artistically ruin" the FRONTS of their repulsive bars!

I await the Glorious Day when these utter baboons start chipping flawless original enamel etc etc to make their crap "look more authentic."

If anything ever proved that Darwin's Theory of Evolution was a TWO WAY STREET, these folks are it!

Comment

On the Eastern People's Medal, the Bekanntmachung authorizing these for Germans only authorized the awards of both the 1st and 2nd class with swords in silver. The one on the medal bar is gold.

Dave

Comment

Oh Je!

Both bars are crap.
                        Rick is completely right.

On the first bar I miss an Austiran WW1 commemorative medal. Why should this guy wear the german FEK but NOT wear his OWN countries medal?

Second one has awards from more than 7 countries; given to an NCO! Simply unthinkable! If You dont count the WW1-commemorative medals You had somply to apply for I have never seen a NCO´s bar with awards from more than 3 or 4 countries.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Thanks Daniel

.. missed the missing Austrian medal amidst the jumble. Good eye Daniel! Again, geez louise, think of the $$ spent to make this, the orders look OK from the crappy pix and the large silver bravery medal with the "K" for officer is only the third real device I've seen in the past 6 years!

Comment

Thats always the terrible thing that these guys use original awards or even strip original bars to make their junk.moremad
                            The only help against this is knowledge.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

moremad moremad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X