Bavarian Pilot Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavarian Pilot Badge

I have never bought any Imperial badges and have now decided to enter this part of collecting and would appreciate your view of this badge and also the value.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
      Good choice in collecting items in this area. However, this Bavarian version is rarer than the Prussian examples, and as a result, has been reproduced (faked) in numbers that far exceed the original number of period examples. If I remember correctly, this flaw is an indicator of a fake or questionable piece. Hopefully Tony and Daniel will offer their opinions. Is it possible to get a shot of the mm in the center?
      Last edited by IMPERIAL QUEST; 10-31-2006, 04:36 PM.

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=badge+flaw

Hi, I found what I was talking about...a thread Tony started on this subject.
        Last edited by IMPERIAL QUEST; 03-27-2006, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Ive taken a close up
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, This is a bad one. Here is what a real one should look like. Notice the difference in the "Crown well" and the rays on the back do not go all the way to the center. This is a textbook version.

Comment

Wow Daniel, that is beautiful. Are the issue type cliche' type with the pierced crown the rarest of the Bavarian version?

Comment

Well, I will be the last person to claim to be an expert on aviation badges. Personally I like the raybacks because real ones just exude class. As far as rarities go, I would say the pieced crown is more scarce than the the standard issue open backed piece. Whether this translates into more value subjective. Many people would probably rather have a piece attributed to Poellath.
                Dan Murphy

Comment

Thanks Dan,
                  I was asking as I would like to add a Bavarian example to my collection in the next few months, and since they are hard to find and expensive, I wanted to obtain the least common variety. I am really looking for an issue type Bavarian Observer , tough to find, I know.. .

Comment

There is a really nice Bavarian Observer on the emedals site right now. Not cheap, but sweet! They have several good aviation badges right now.
                    Dan Murphy

http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?country=GEM

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Murphy
                      There is a really nice Bavarian Observer on the emedals site right now. Not cheap, but sweet! They have several good aviation badges right now.
                      Dan Murphy

http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?country=GEM
                      Oh my..... . Unfortunately, too pricey for my pocket book (right now ) Thanks very much for the link.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X