Ziege Auction??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ziege Auction??

Hey, anybody get anything wonderful from the Ziege Auction on Saturday? I only won one piece, this beautiful, cased Baden Zahringen Lion, Second Class Knight's Cross with Oakleaves and Swords. Super deal as less than 1500 awarded with the oakleaves!!
    Attached Files

You mean Zeige... not Ziege! (in German goat)

Yes,

Rick I saw it... I was tempted too, but I already had bought one not cased a couple of month ago... I noticed that you had to fight in order to be able to purchase it! The final price is a bit too expensive for my taste.

I could get these pieces:

BMVO 4. Kl. mit Kr. u. X

3. Reich, Rettungsmedaille

last but not least... a Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha medal bar

Not bad...

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Ooooooo! And of COURSE nice big detailed scans will appear on all these HERE, na? (Well, except for Claudio's Third Reich LSM...)

Comment

Rick (L.),

Yeah! You're right... I risked a bit in bidding on a medal, which wasn't really enough illustrated by the auction house. I thought I would give it a try, since the price was interesting and the medal itself is not so "popular" among III. Reich collectible's freaks. Maybe it's the simple and tiny "look" of this "un-sexy" medal, but it seems that it is being snobbed a bit by the collector's community. I don't think it will be a problem to send it back if I don't like it. Anyway I will post some pictures of it as soon as I will receive it.

On the other hand I was better prepared with the other item I purchased. In fact I particularly liked the Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha medal bar, because I requested a picture of its reverse and I found out that it was labeled with a very nice and interesting "Schneider-Etikette" ... here is the image of it!

Ciao,

Claudio
        Attached Files

Comment

Claudio,

I have to disagree with you on the price, I think it was a bargain. Especially considering the case, which makes it just super, since these were usually issued in plain little paper envelopes. I've only owned this one once before and when I parted with it it went most happily to a collector in New York State for more than double what I just paid for this one! But, price/value are relative terms. Personally, I can't see 8-10K for a cased WW2 RK of the EK! There's an awful lot of them around for whoever's willing to pay the price. Try and find another BZL2 with swords/oakleaves! For that matter, the real prize is your 2X Sax bar. That first medal was issued 1905............. only!! And is worth quite a bit!!

Comment

Looks like both of you did well. Some very nice items!! Mind sharing the web page for the auction house? Thanks, MIke

Comment

Rick (Stogieman),

If you compare prices of beautiful enamel Imperial orders and plain but still sexy 3rd Reich bravery awards, then I can agree with you... many overlooked Imperial orders are worth much more some ridiculous catalogue prices (I'm reffering to Nimmergut catalogue's prices... I just wish that prices were so low).

In these last years, however, an important number of collectors switched from 3rd Reich medals to imperial stuff, in order to avoid the flood of fakes... This might have had an influence on the prices' trend. What I am saying is that what you payed is ok for today's market, a bit on the "Schmerzengrenze" for me personally. I just payed 250 Euros less for the same medal without case. You're known to collect cased medals and you can surely appreciate the rarity of finding some extremely scarce cases. I tend more to be more attracted on single mounted medals and I would pay 10-15% more than today's market price. Fortunately every collector has different ideas of what they want collect.

If only I compare prices a couple of years ago (I mean 2-3 years) some of these medals were sold at least 20-30% less. Still some today's prices of these beautiful Imperial orders are totally ok if you consider, design, finishing, rarity and that it could be an investment for the future.

Just my 0.2 euro cents...

Ciao,

Claudio

P.S.: for Mike, that's the link to Zeige's website:

http://www.zeige.com/index2.html

Comment

These are very very beautiful items! Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks Claudio for the web page. MIke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X