Award document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Award document

I have the opprotunity to purchases an award document for a Milit******228;r-Verdienstkreuz 3. Klasse. However the document states: "gefunden, dem Gefreiten der Reserve im Feldartillerie Regiment Nr. 19". I thought that this award was only for officers. Am I wrong or should I avoid this one thanks

the cross was for enlisted and ncos but the order was for officers (the cross was attached to the order - looks in the style the same way, but the order was totaly enameld )
    don't have an original or a scann at the moment - but gefunden sounds a little strange - might it be possible a reading mistake due to the writting?
    at the moment i haven't seen a fake of this doc.
    hope it helped a bit christian

Comment

Hello J. Adam,

I noticed that you describe the award as a Militar-Verdienstkreuz 3. Klasse without any mention of crown or swords. Now I do not know if crown and/swords were noted on these award documents; but such a cross without either, or both, is quite a rare bird.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Comment

Thanks so much for the help. the document is for an MVK with swords but no crown

Comment

Originally posted by Christian L
          the cross was for enlisted and ncos but the order was for officers (the cross was attached to the order - looks in the style the same way, but the order was totaly enameld )
          don't have an original or a scann at the moment - but gefunden sounds a little strange - might it be possible a reading mistake due to the writting?
          at the moment i haven't seen a fake of this doc.
          hope it helped a bit christian
          Nope, it's gefunden.
          Attached Files

Comment

your right!
            its "bewogen gefunden" - and totally different meaning!!!
            but if i looks like this or similar (different document varieties exist - than it should be ok!)
            christian

Comment

Tom, I think yours is a great piece, especially since it was awarded to a stretcher bearer at a field hospital.
              Dan Murphy

Comment

The one that I'm looking at is just like Tom's only it has a larger "Seine der Majestat der Konig" header with a crown on top. Is there any difference between the two or are they just different styles?

Comment

Originally posted by J. Adam
                  The one that I'm looking at is just like Tom's only it has a larger "Seine der Majestat der Konig" header with a crown on top. Is there any difference between the two or are they just different styles?
                  Like this? No, just different printings.

Comment

exactly like that one...thanks

Comment

I think a Krankenwärter is not the same as a Krankenträger. The former being an medical orderly, normally only seen in hospitals. The Krankenwärter wore a dark blue cap band and shoulder straps with light blue pipings and the Krankenträger wore karmesinrot cap band and shoulder straps.

Chip

Comment

Different printing

I have one with a different printing. I assume (there is that TROUBLE word, again..) that this is because the one at top of the thread is from Munich, Germany, and this one is from Vienna, Austria? I'd be interested in any other comments or thoughts about this one. Any guess as to value or rarity? I could not fit it all on the scanner at same time, so here is top and bottom scans. I put the red "The Raceway Collection" on it, so someone doesn't copy it off the Internet and try to pass off a copy on Ebay..

Last edited by barnstormer; 04-03-2006, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X