Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the auction block

Greetings;

Can anyone give me instructions on how to use Andreas-Thies' auction?

How do you register? Can you register without ordering the catalog? (due to time constraints)

Do they take proxy bids? How do I get them in?

How can I view the realized prices from the previous auctions?

Is there any advice you can provide on this dealer/auction house. At least any advice you would be willing to give to a would be competing bidder. (I wouldn't be too worried if I were you) I saw some things I would like to shoot for, but I'm a man on a budget.

Since time is short I would call Theis and try to place your bids. He does not answer email. When you call if he is not there try and get his cell phone number and then call. Good Luck.
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Thanks Paul

I think I have snowball's chance in H*ll, but I think I have a go at it.

Comment

You can actaully just fax your bids.

Comment

Another important point to keep in mind with Thies (since I'm on a budget, too ) is that he only deals in cash--no credit cards, PayPal, personal checks, etc. Only official bank checks, drafts, wire transfers and the like, preferably in Euros, though he will accept the equivalent amount in dollars, as I've discovered in the past. Thus, you'll want to make sure to have the hard cash on hand in your account beforehand in case you're the high bidder; it's somewhat old school, but if you want to play, you have to be able to pay, I guess. Nevertheless, he does have some of the most spectacular stuff out there, and a very good reputation to boot, so your money is usually well spent.

His realized prices are under the 'Aktuelles' tab on his home page. Good luck and hope this helps...

Comment

Thanks Gaffken!

Sorry for not responding sooner.

Claudius

Comment

One thing that people should remember that I could only find in the small print in German:

There is a 20% buyer's premium tacked on to the final hammer price. If your winning bid is €100 then you pay €120.

Just something to keep in mind as it can bump up the price very quickly.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X