A 1870 and 1914 ek1 for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 1870 and 1914 ek1 for review

Hi guy, I am having some problem with 2 ek1, I believe the 1870 one is fake, but I am not sure and the 1914 one really look strange when I compare with other cross made by the maker KO. What do you guy believe?

Thanks in advance

The 1870 one:

The 1914 one. As you can notice, both are engraved.

Last edited by Franko; 03-31-2006, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I don't like either one personally. The 1870 is fake for sure and I'm 98% certain the other one is too. I think the engraving was done by the same person also.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

I think Don is right on with his assessment. The 1870 is the infamous "muffin Crown" The 1914 is kind of hard to judge from the photo but it is either an outright fake or a VERY poor quality original. -------and I think Don is right about the engraving. The lower case "m" on both crosses really look to be the same.

Comment

Thanks a lot guy

Comment

Hi Franco,

Could you show a full reverse pic of the 1914 KO with the pin in the closed position? It may be a good cross with bad engraving. The 1870 is definitely bad as has already been commented.

No - don't worry - I just noticed the inner corners of the flanges are very rounded (ie the outer profile where the cross arms meet at the "W"). Not typical for KO at all imo - but a very similar effect to the fake 1870.

Regards
            Mike
            Regards
            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

The engraving is horrible on both, and definitely seems to be done by the same hand. Even if the 1914 is an original, the engraving can be considered damage, so my advice would be to stay away.

Tim
              "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X