Imperial ribbon war on later photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial ribbon war on later photo

Can anyone tell me which awards I am seeing here? This is from the jacket of a serviceman called up for service in WW2.

that would be a corret assessment. It looks like a WW1 Ek1 followed by 2 awards one of which is not suprisingly a Hindenburg medal. The third looks to be a TR civil long service award

Comment

1914 Iron Cross, 2nd Cl
      Possible Bavarian MVK . . . light colors and I see faint swords??
      Hindenburg Cross, w/ swds
      Long Service - Civil Service device
      Possible Hungarian or Bulgarian WW1 service award

Comment

I'm with Dave-except the Bulgarian and Hungarians often sported swords devices-my guess is a Bavarian LS medal. The ribbon was light blue and white.

Comment

Wow, thanks everybody for the kind help!

The fourth award on his Spange has a little EK, how is this called in German? Is there any good guess to what the last order might be?

What is the Hindenburgkreuz exactly, for what was this awarded?

Comment

The 4th award is the Nazi state long service medal-meaning your man was a bureaucrat of some sort post war. See the ribbon bar article for more information.
            I think I see here:
            Iron cross 2nd class/bavarian military merit cross 3rd class/Hindenburg cross with swords/ state long service award/ bavarian long service (note the old state awards were supposed to be converted to Wehrmacht 1936 long service awards-but sometimes they were not)- in other words your guy was born @ 1898-served in combat in WW1 probably as a Bavarian grunt, worked as a postman or some such after the war and then got recalled as some sort of NCO (probably) or Lt. d R. .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X