Medal indentification please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal indentification please

I know very little about Imperial items. I assume this medal is Imperial German. I was digging through some of my stuff tonight and rediscovered it. What can you tell me about it? There are no markings at all.

Thanks,
    Ron

Hi Ron,

No, not German. Belgian, possibly French - can't remember exactly but I'm sure you'll have your answer soon!

Regards
    Mike
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

It's not actually imperial.

It's a Belgan 2nd Class Civil Decoration Medal, awarded for 25 years of civil service.

It comes in a 1st class cross, a second class cross, a second class medal and a 3rd class medal. The classes corespond to rank within the civil services.

The interesting thing is that the Belgans use the same set of medals for many different awards, only changing the ribbon. With a change of ribbon and possibly the addition of swords it could be a fireman's medal, a WWI service medal, a bravery medal, or any of several others.

This is a good general page on Belgan decorations.

To find this medal there, click on other awards->Other Belgian medals instituted during the Reign of King Leopold II and scroll down.

Comment

Mike and Ottomaton,

That was lighting fast! Thanks for the information..........it is no longer an unknown, and has had it's new name added. I am sorry to have cluttered up the Imperial section, but didn't know enough to know it wasn't.

Thanks,
        Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X