Cased LDO 1914 EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased LDO 1914 EK1

I was bummed out by this one. Not because of the item in question, but because of the way the seller sent it to me. In an envelope. As a result, the cardboard case, which was in pristine condition, suffered extensive damage. It was 'squashed' and has three serious tears.

Here's the cross:
    Last edited by Eric Stahlhut; 09-01-2008, 12:06 PM.

Reverse. Doubtful if ever worn.

Comment

inside of case

Comment

best I can do.

Case will only open to 90 degrees. It is torn in several spots. Sorry for the crappy scanner pic. You get the idea. LDO in center of upper lid.

Comment

To answer Rick L.'s surefire question,

no, I do not have dandruff! Those white specks are from the packing material of the envelope the guy sent this to me in.

Comment

too bad....

That's a shame, Eric. I sometimes think the people I buy from overpack their goods (like a single EK 1 in a package big enough for a good sized book), but after seeing your piece I'm glad they've erred on the side of caution.

George
            George

Comment

The moral of the story is

never be afraid to be overly communicative with private overseas
              shippers. Be very clear and direct, and don't hesitate to offer packing advice.

You are right, George. A damn shame.

Comment

Dear Erich

Sorry to see your case got destroyed. When I sold my five ek1 cases via e-stand, two of them were destroyed during the shipping just like yours. moremad I also packed them in the bobbles envelopes. Now I know there is no such thing as over packing.

best regards

PS beautiful ek1 you have.

Comment

Thanks, H.

I remember those cases quite well, and was frustrated that I missed out on a great opportunity. Very sorry to read that several were casualties of the postal system. It's like the lottery:
                  sometimes I get bubble envelopes in immaculate condition and sometimes they look like they have been dragged behind a lorry for 1000 Km. That is why my New Year's resolution is to specify
                  parcels only. No more Cheap Guy.

Oh, well. Forewarned is Forarmed!

Comment

Eric-

So sorry to hear about the lousy packing job. I often ship badges well in padded envelopes. I've never had a problem with them. However, I would never ship a cased badge (such as your EK) in an envelope. I always go with a box - especially oversees. It's worth the extra couple of bucks.

As bad as the whole situation is, you still have a very nice EK there!!!

All the best,
                    Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X