An-- ALMOST-- Perfect Saxon Medal Bar, for Jason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An-- ALMOST-- Perfect Saxon Medal Bar, for Jason

as we all join hands and sing the Walt Disney "It's A small World Aftttttter All..." song:

this one went from (who else?) Stogie-Rick, stopped by my kitchen table for a visit one day among the then Latest Haul... and has now gone to live with Jason on the far side of our world.

It is in, as one would hope in a full dress medal bar, virtually MINT condition... just wonderful-- fresh, vibrant ribbons.

But look what somebody (God above alone knows why! ) "did!"

Anybody out there got a nice correct Friedrich August Medal in silver for Jason?
    Attached Files

Thats a nice one! With adding the FAM it is
    simply a perfect bar to a senior NCO!

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Jep, would be a Feldwebel like me

Comment

Can anyone out there in Imperial land help me? There doesn't seem to be too many silver FA's in the land of Oz!

Jason

Comment

Hello,a silver FA was just listed on ebay Item # 3201584840 Good luck!
          Bobby lee

Comment

thanks Bobby - I'll check it out!

Jason

Comment

www.militaria-baldes.de Has one FAM in silver; however, no ribbon attached.

Detlev has one with the ribbon.

Weitze has several. Two have the WW1 bar, but one is on the wrong ribbon.

Winkler has a very pretty one, with ribbon!
              Last edited by Mike H.; 01-17-2003, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks Mike - I think Baldes has the one for me.

Jason

Comment

Question from the gallery. Why is the EK II in the middle? Just to make it look balanced? Why wouldn't it be on the far right end? Thanks, Mike

Comment

Mounting Order

Hi Mike, as a war-time bar for a career Saxon Soldier, he would always mount his own Kingdom's Military awards first, followed by prussian awards, then Bavarian, then other military awrads from the German duchies, etc. Follow all this with Long service medals from home-Kingdom.
                    Saxony and Bavaria always mounted their home-awards before Prussia. the other duchies/principalities were supposed to mount prussia first to show subservience, but the Saxons and Bavarians weren't having any of that!!

Comment

Same reason there are two Saxon long services-- this career NCO retired before the war (XV brooch updated to M1913 medal) and he then had the time in for a Reserve-Landwehr medal. He would have been a Feldwebelleutnant dL, probably, during the war, late 40s.

The Saxon Honor Cross with Swords was given to such sorts, for whom other awards were too low or too high. Since only about 2,000 were awarded, a prize bar.

Comment

Speaking of Saxon medal bars... did you see this one on Ebay? I was hoping that the price would keep down, but it seems that it went a bit out of hand... (Euro 610.- and still 4 and half days to go). Too bad for me!

Although the the Ernestinisches Verdienstkreuz in Silber mit X is quite rare (note the "französiche geschwungene Parierstangen"), especially on a medal bar.... this is the first one on sale I see...

Ciao,

Claudio
                        Attached Files

Comment

RE: Saxon-Ernestine Lot

Claudio, I concur, exceptionally rare and the first one I've seen come up for sale in forever. I don't think the price is out of line at all...... yet!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X