General der Kavallerie Kurt Feldt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General der Kavallerie Kurt Feldt

I got this photo which is showing General der Kavallerie Kurt Feldt. He was commander of the 1st Cavalry Division and later of the 24th Panzer-Division. In 1944 he was commanding a Korps in Southwest France. That's all I could find out about him.

Detail of the General:

Any identification of the officer standing to his right ?

Any identification of the officer in his traditional husars uniform ?

Close up of his ribbon bar:

Any infos are welcome.

Kind regards
    Robert

The old Hussar's collar and sword knot show he was a Portepeeunteroffizier, probably retired as a Vizewachtmeister. So MANY medals, but I can't make them out clearly!

This is a pre-war photo, but after October 1936, since Wehrmacht long service awards are being worn.

The Oberst (I think) on the right is wearing a FIRST Class Silesian Eagle-- but no SECOND Class!!! His medal bar is: Iron Cross, Prussian Hohenzollern House Order with Swords, Hindenburg Cross X, what looks to me like a Prussian Red Eagle Order, and Wehrmacht 25 and 12. He is therefore certainly an (E) officer, recalled for service in the 1930s, but not career Reichsheer.

Feldt I will return on with an awards list. Glenn and Bernhard can give more details (like birth and death, as well as assignments) from their copies of the new Generals' biographies from Biblio Verlag.

I wonder though... the General is wearing a Johanniter embroidered white cross (so a "von....") and the passants under his shoulder boards which indicate he was a RETIRED General....

Comment

Feldt

Robert,

Kurt von Feldt is shown in the photo as an Oberst and either the regimental commander of Reiter/Kavallerie-Regiment 3 or as the brigade commander of the 1. Kavallerie-Brigade. The retired Generalmajor to his right looks very much like Generalmajor a.D. Hans von Knobelsdorff (1866-1947), Feldt's former commanding officer in Kavallerie-Regiment 2 in early 1920.

The Hussar is a retired Vizewachtmeister.

Regards
      Glenn

Comment

Kurt von Feldt

So I understand, the later General Kurt von Feldt is on the photo the Oberst standing next to the General. That's already a superb information I appreciate very much. When I bought the photo I was told that General Kurt von Feldt is on it and I was mistaken as I took the only General on the photo for being Feldt. That's how fast one can make a mistake.
        Great so far, thanks a lot.

Kind regards
        Robert

Comment

WW2 Service

Kurt Feldt
          22 Nov 1887 to 11 Mar 1970

01 Sep 1939 to 25 Oct 1939
          C.O. 1. Cav Bde

25 Oct 1939 to 28 Nov 1941
          C.O. 1. Cav Div

28 Nov 1941 to 14 Apr 1942
          C.O. 24. Pz Div

08 Jul 1942 to 10 Aug 1944
          Military Commander of SW France

10 Aug 1944 to 05 Feb 1945
          G.O.C. Corps 'Feldt'

05 Feb 1945 to 08 May 1945
          G.O.C. Corps South Jutland

01 Feb 1940 Generalmajor
          01 Feb 1942 Generalleutnant
          01 Feb 1944 General der Kavallerie

Comment

General von Feldt

Thanks to all who gave information.
            It's always interesting when I can get more information about the soldiers that are one my photos. Still have a lot of unidentified personalities.

Kind regards
            Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X