Sometimes... Strange Luftwaffe Photo Wearing WW1 Medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes... Strange Luftwaffe Photo Wearing WW1 Medals

Sometimes you buy one thing and get another....
    I bought this PK (sorry Budalai) thinking the lapel button medal was a Czech Annexation medal. But then I looked closer...closer...
    Attached Files

closer...closer...

closer...closer...
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jeff,

OK, I'll bite. I can't make it out - initially I thought a St Michael's medal but the details don't look correct. What is it?

Regards
      Mike K
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Awww, c'mon....

Easy... Bavarian Bravery Medal. What? Me, trouble-shooting on the Imperial Forum? Whatever next!
        Image courtesy of Andreas M Schutze Ising:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Tony Farrell; 01-11-2003, 11:08 PM.

Comment

OK Tony, I can see it now - but is it gold or silver?? I bet Jeff wishes he had the medal, whichever the grade, instead of the postcard!!

Regards
          Mike K
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Dear Jeff

Where do you get all these high quality and beautiful photos??? I especially like the one with a German officer wearing an old style tunic. Very nice indeed.

best regards

Comment

I must confess

...that I wallet wrestle with stogieman on ebay.de for many of them-but a few have come from all over-some I've found in flea markets in Arundel, Maine-others in Paris, about 20% of my collection came from the Portobello Road or St. Michaels' Hall in Cambridge.
              Cheers,
              JeMc
              p.s. I am very sorry about the size; I am trying everything with my software and its just not working.

Comment

Big Honkin' Pictures

Jeff,
                Try setting your preferences so you can adjust your picture size in pixels. Your Bav_pilot pic is 1052 X 1653 which is huge. If you adjust in pixels you can size it more accurately down to less than 1/2 of that. Great photo though! Tony

Comment

Verrrrrrrrry interesting: if there is a name on back, I have his Bravery Medal citation & bio details. Now, what is interesting is that this Oberleutnant der Reserve (note tab and board double edging) certainly appears to be FLYING branch from the main tab color-- yet:

1) no WW1 or TR flying badge (I know, photo cropped-- but photo cropped presumably because there was nothing there to show, right?)

2) MVO4X AND Bravery Medal... and yet no EK1 1914!!!

I would also suggest that you set your scans at 96 dpi rather than ?300 dpi, which may account for your size "issues." It may be necessary to import a neighbood grammar school kid to fix this!

Comment

the back

Rick:
                    Here is the back:
                    I hope you can read it: I think it says "In memory of...??
                    I suspect that there was an Ek1, but it got cropped. Glad you like the snapshot.

Comment

oppps forgot...

...the back...
                      Attached Files

Comment

You got me... the end of the signature is chopped off. It's "In remembrance from your military chief" and Scribble/end chopped off.

"W? K//R...a...?"

Bernhard? Frank? Guys? Scribble deciphering huddle!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X