WW1 German or Austrian "for sevice in Red Cross" medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 German or Austrian "for sevice in Red Cross" medal

Hi,I picked up a nice WW1-vintage German or Austrian Red Cross medal in a trade with a local collector today. This medal have 4 letters W,R,A,V with a Red Cross with 4 crowns on each side on the front and "feur Verdeniste um das Rothe Kreuz" in German along with a sprig of oak leaves on the medal's reverse. I translated to "For Service in Red Cross" in English. The ribbon attached this medal have two stripes of white and black on each side on red background. This medal was made in zinc,the wartime metal. I am not exactly sure what name of this medal. I am trying to find the medal's name and country of this medal it came from. Any info on this Red Cross medal appreciated. Thanks much,James

Hi redjames. you description sounds like a Prussian Red Cross Medal 3rd Class.
    haynau
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank much!!!!!!!! I appreciated your help for this medal's name. I dont know that Prussian Red Cross medals was awarded in 3 classes. Does this medal come in gold,silver and bronze? Any further information on this Prussian Red Cross medals would be more appreciated. Anyway,I thank for your help in identifying this medal. Thanks! James

Comment

see here:
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ed+cross+medal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X