Imperial German Regimental Steins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello out there, this is my first attempt at a thread. Anyone collect regimental steins? I've been collecting for some time and am always looking for fellow collectors. I recently picked up a Saxon Jager zu Pferde assigned to XII corps. Not much information on the unit. Harrell's book "Regimental Steins" mentioned the unit and the only photo of one is in Kirsner's "The Stein Book". Anyone out there have one? Will try to photo and leave.
    Tally Ho
    Bobby lee

Hi Bob,

I have a few steins, and they are fun to collect, but can get quite pricey, when you get past the reproductions.

They make a nice complement to ay Imperial German
    militaria collection.

Regards, Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, I agree with you about the nice contrast steins give to an overall collection. I also collect medals, orders and headgear and have seen the reproductions get to the point of fooling many if not most collectors. Steins however, are still very difficult to replicate due to the high cost of the total production of a passble Reg't stein. All the repros I've seen are still no where near the overall detail of originals. They may yet go there but most efforts are easily recognized to those who have handled a few originals. I love the history you find on each stein and the art work can be quite striking.

Comment

I really enjoy the steins and have a few in my collection. I also like the pipe and flasks. Yes. expensive but well worth the price in my mind. Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X