MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this enough to research an individual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this enough to research an individual?

This is what is engraved on the back of an Imp. EKI, and I would like to know if this is enough to obtain any information on this indiviual? If I am correct, "Feldhilfsarzt" means Field Auxilary Physician...

Neuhaus (soldier's last name)
    Feldhilfsarzt II I.R. 60
    Last edited by IMPERIAL QUEST; 02-28-2006, 09:35 AM.

Feldhilfsarzt Neuhaus

Steven,

although I do not have anything specific on Feldhilfsarzt Neuhaus at this time I can confirm that he did survive the war.

The rank of Feldhilfsarzt was analogous to that of the Feldwebelleunant. Although the rules are quite complicated, generally speaking, the holders of this rank in the medical service were not yet fully qualified doctors of medicine. These were medical students who at the time of their induction/volunteering for service had completed two semesters at the university and had been appointed Feldunterarzt. Following the Cabinet Order of the 6th of March 1916, having satisfactorily completed six months of service in the field they were then eligible to be recommended for promotion to the rank of Feldhilfsarzt.

They then belonged to the corps of medical officers and ranked with although junior to the Assistenzärzte. Like the Feldwebelleunant they wore the shoulder boards of a Leutnant (Assistenzarzt) with the collar braid and button of the Vizefeldwebel.

Regards
    Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn2438
      Steven,

although I do not have anything specific on Feldhilfsarzt Neuhaus at this time I can confirm that he did survive the war.

The rank of Feldhilfsarzt was analogous to that of the Feldwebelleunant. Although the rules are quite complicated, generally speaking, the holders of this rank in the medical service were not yet fully qualified doctors of medicine. These were medical students who at the time of their induction/volunteering for service had completed two semesters at the university and had been appointed Feldunterarzt. Following the Cabinet Order of the 6th of March 1916, having satisfactorily completed six months of service in the field they were then eligible to be recommended for promotion to the rank of Feldhilfsarzt.

They then belonged to the corps of medical officers and ranked with although junior to the Assistenzärzte. Like the Feldwebelleunant they wore the shoulder boards of a Leutnant (Assistenzarzt) with the collar braid and button of the Vizefeldwebel.

Regards
      Glenn
      Glenn,
      Thank you so much for the in-depth info. That is information that I can add to the history of this piece. PM sent.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X