gold cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gold cross

am looking at purchasing this medal.... is it any good and what would be a good offer if it was?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...seimperial.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...erialcross.jpg

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but that appears to be the Preu******223;en Goldene Milit******228;r-Verdienstkreutz (what David Danner's page calls the "Pour le M******233;rite for NCOs and enlisted men").

That would mean the question to your answer would be "quite a bit".

It is listed in OEK as I believe 1889 which is the gold version from 1864-1918. They don't have a price, but 1890, the silver version for 1916-1918 is listed at €900.

After a bit of looking, Andre H******252;sken has two of them, one at €400 and one at €425.

Obviously, you might want to consult someone wiser than me as to authenticity issues.

Comment

Yes, It is a Gold Militarverdienstkreuz, but it is not an issue piece. This is a replacement medal (in German it is a Spangenstuck) made for wearing on medal bars. While the originals were made in gold or silver gilt, these are normally made of gilded bronze ( as is the one shown). The replacement versions are normally sold for about 400 euros on some dealers sites. Since this one shows more wear to the gold finish and the ring it would be worth a little less than that.
      Dan Murphy

Comment

thanks alot for the good info... jim a

Comment

Hi Jim,

Daniel Murphy has it right. If you want a medal bar, or “wearer’s copy”, piece, okay; but if you want an issue piece, it may take a while and likely more than 900 Euro.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X