Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkish General with Iron Cross...

...and a German name?!?

General Bronsart von Schellendorf, turkish Chief of Staff with EKII, EKI, Liakat- and Imtiaz-Medals, Iron Halfmoon, Bavarian MVO (officer) and a lot more...:

Then-Oberst Fritz Bronsart von Schellendorf arrived in the Ottoman Empire sometime after Dec. 1913 and served with the German Military Mission for the duration of World War One. He was promoted to Generalmajor at some point and, as was customary in the military mission, would have held a higher Ottoman Army rank.

He is considered by some to have played a major role in the Armenian genocide. He certainly didn't help his case with post-war quotes like this: "Der Armenier ist wie der Jude, außerhalb seiner Heimat ein Parasit, der die Gesundheit des anderen Landes, in dem er sich niedergelassen hat, aufsaugt. Daher kommt auch der Hass, der sich in mittelalterlicher Weise gegen sie als unerwünschtes Volk entladen hatte und zu ihrer Ermordung führte."

Dave

Comment

I think I don't like him now...

Many thanks for the info Dave!

Comment

Dave, Jens,

I don't have to be an Einstein looking at the face of this pompous German officer, that very likely he wasn't a very friendly person...

I wouldn't have liked to drink a beer with him... look at him, he really has a very arrogant "attitude"...

Just my 0.2 Euro cents...

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X