Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1914/1915 Christmas Truces - Movie Search

Greetings All!

I have come upon a movie that was released at the end of 2005 that sounds very interesting but I cannot find it anywhere to purchase. It is called "Merry Christmas (Joyeux Noël)" by the French director Christian Carion:

http://www.premiermoviereviews.com/m...0christmas.htm

Its reviews sound excellent and it covers a very interesting and controversial side of WW1.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the DVD? I don't care about the format, I'll get it converted if need's be.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Laurie

I will be very interested to hear what you think about the film. I have just watched it whilst on an Air France flight and was a little disappointed. Good luck in finding a copy.

Comment

Hi Terry,

Thank you for your note.

I am beginning to wonder if I am chasing it a bit too early - it may not have been released as a DVD yet.

What didn't you like about the movie?

Cheers,

Laurie

Comment

I got a bit more on the movie:

"Joyeux Noel" played at the Palm Springs Film Festival just 4 weeks ago...and was also just nominated for an Oscar. It is being prepared for a release in theaters across the country (under the title "Merry Christmas"), and its studio (Sony) is usually slow to release films to DVD."

That's all for now.

Cheers,

Laurie

Comment

[quote

What didn't you like about the movie?

Cheers,

Laurie[/quote]

It is well made and a little sad/touching in a few parts but I guess the subject does not lend itself to be a very exciting film. I am sure many people will like it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X