prussian observer badge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prussian observer badge!

hhmmm ok weird stuff happening when i start a new thread so i lgive it a go again! any way got this today and i know its most likely a fake but what do you guys thing of it? dont worry i can take it! any help is welcome!thanks!
    Attached Files

the back!
    Attached Files

Comment

oops double post!
      Last edited by paddywhack; 02-15-2006, 08:34 PM.

Comment

and the maker mark as best as i can get!! again thanks for all help and comments!
        Attached Files

Comment

ok after a bit of research its NOT a prussian observer badge(im new to these!!!) but a commemorative pilot badge! in military pilot and aircrew badges of the world by don chalif it says its made of metal and silvered! well its die struck and has traces of silver finish on it! so what do you reckon? never seen one before!!!

Comment

Hi,

The MM is for Meyerbauer. NIce badge. I am sure some of the Imperial guys will chime in.

Gary B
            ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

thanks gary! i checked around a few thread about it and i reckon from the other iv seen itys Meyerbauer from the 20s!! anyone else reckon its ok?
              thanks!

Comment

Hi Paddywhack,

One more thing ref the Meyerbauer piece. They have a very distinctive ribbon bow design at the bottom of the medal. It is different than the Junker pieces.

Hope this helps.

Gary B
                ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

so do you reckon its real? iv compared it to other Meyerbauer badges and its identical! i reckon shes good! does anyone else thinks she ok? thanks for any imput!

Comment

wouldnt be for me .....

short and sweet as i have work in a min...seen a lot of these appearing of late especially on ebay .
                    For what its worth my opinion is as follows , i do not like the half moon space for pin fitment. This looks wrong.
                    The pin appears incorrect as does the general aging ,finish and the construction method. I wouldnt purchase it myself. Others may have a different view though..
                    regards
                    Steve

Comment

no bother! this actucly came from a lot off of the estand! i checked a few threads and found another one with more finish on but it was identical! but thanks for the info il do a bit more research on this badge!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X