MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medal-Bar with the rarest Hanseatic Crosses!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal-Bar with the rarest Hanseatic Crosses!

I got this one from Ebay. A wonderful medal-bar with the two rarest Hanseatenkreuze! EKII without makers mark, Hanseatenkreuz Bremen, Hanseatenkreuz Lübeck (eagle with red feet) and the enlisted/NCO Long Service Decoration for 15 years.
    Attached Files

Black backing. Maybe this was a member of the Kriegsmarine?
    Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations to you, a very nice bar - I watched it, but didn't bid on it. Bars with one or more Hanseatic-crosses are already nice........

Werner

Comment

Thank you Werner!!!

Comment

Yes, extremely nice... and quite unusual for an enlisted man. I agree, could be navy, in which case probably shore based (Marinekorps) to have ended up with THREE awards.

I like the way the owner crimped the hooks on back to very neatly hold the suspension rings so all the crosses are all level under the ribbons. A man after my own heart!

Comment

--VERY nice!
            --Glad I didn't see the auction, I'm BROKE!

Comment

Jens,

My best compliments for your nice looking bar! Is the "Bremer Hanseatisches Kreuz" Kupfer versilbert?

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Thanks Claudio. The Bremer looks a little bit golden. I think it is in silver plated copper, maybe the silver plating has got this strange patina.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X