1914 EK 1st Class - K.M.S.T. Marker-mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1914 EK 1st Class - K.M.S.T. Marker-mark

Allow me to share this lovely addition to my collection with you all - a magnificent WW1 Iron Cross with a most unusual attachment clasp. Stephen Previtera, in his book "The Iron Time", describes it as follows:

"Perhaps the supreme example of 1914 First Class attachment hardware comes in the form of this sliding coupling, which ratchets itself into position with a push. The "L-hook" on the upper arm holds the cross in place, while that on the sliding bar moves upward into position. This configuration must have been exceedingly costly. The slide is marked "800" silver. On the left arm, running vertically, are the letters "K.M.S.T." (Kriegsministerium Standesamt), and on the right "D.R.G.M." (Deutsches Reichs-gebrauchsmuster).

Thanks for looking.

John

<!-- toctype = X-unknown --><!-- toctype = text --><!-- text --><!-- END TOC -->
    Attached Files

Reverse:
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse with reference book pictures:
      Attached Files

Comment

God, what a great piece! I would love to add one of those to my collection!
        George

Comment

Beautiful cross!!
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Thanks for your comments, George and Don.
            I was so excited to post this thread, I initially put it in the Crosses of the Wehrmacht Forum. If it was you, George, who moved it here where it belongs, thanks very much. Please delete my duplicate thread.
            Thanks again, and kind regards,
            John

Comment

I agree George and jwburchell, it is a great piece and beautifull... congratulations...

Comment

John,

Beautiful addition. I have always wanted one but they just dont come up for sale. I think I have only seen like 1 or 2 for sale...ever!

Nice score!

Gary B
                ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Magnificient, what an incredibly rare beauty.

Comment

That is a rare beauty that is a very nice and hard to find EK.
                    I have one on hold right now and can't hadly wait to take delievery.

You and I will be joining a very small group of collectors that are lucky enough to find one.

Comment

An amazingly rare find! The original owner obviously wanted to be certain that cross stayed with him through good times and bad. Congrats guys.

Scott

Comment

HOT DOG! That is amazing. Just awesome - these are impossible to find, and when you can, cha-ching!
                        Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X