No announcement yet.

EK1 opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never held one of these before (always been looking though), but surely is OK?
    super close-up of that mark:
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tinmantis
      I've never held one of these before (always been looking though), but surely is OK?
      super close-up of that mark:
      Ohhhh ... Pillowback Meybauer !!! Niiiiiiice

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell
        Ohhhh ... Pillowback Meybauer !!! Niiiiiiice
        Meybauer - no!

Standard (but very uncommon) AWS (A. Werner & Sohn, Berlin). Nice cross!

Regards
        Mike
        Last edited by Mike Kenny; 02-01-2006, 02:19 AM.
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hello,

fine AWS waffle back cross and hard to find.
          You can find it with two needle variations. As shown pin size and with a broad rolling needle.

Best Franki

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K
            Meybauer - no!

Standard (but very uncommon) AWS (A. Werner & Sohn, Berlin). Nice cross!

Regards
            Mike
            I missed this one

Was looking at AWS on my maker list and typed in Meybauer instead.

Comment

I'm glad they're both A-OK. I come from the ThirdReich where you need electron microscopes to be sure these days
              I've been looking for a 'pillow-back' for quite some time, just been happy lost in research. I've seen pics of both style pins, and also ones additionally marked 800, is that correct? but anyway I took the plunge, I just loved the patina on this one. Do you think it IS silver, unmarked and aged gold? or was ALL silver marked?
              also, what's an avaerage price on these two, to see how ripped off I was!
              regards
              jon

Comment

You can also find screwback versions of this cross. Here is a single post (missing large backplate )
                Attached Files

Comment

---and also with a double post with cruciform backplate
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jon,
                    Nice double screwback. I have never seen one quite like it. The screwposts are slotted and it looks like they may have been screwed into the back of the EK before soldering. On the AWS, I would say the frame is made from nickel silver or Neusilber. This has a tendency to acquire a this color patina with age. If you chose it would probably clean up beautifully, But I like them as is and have never cleaned one unless it was to halt serious corrosion. Great pieces .
                    Dan Murphy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X