The burning building question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The burning building question

OK, on another thread Bill M discussed a group that he'd save first if the house were oin fire.

Show us yours. One pick. One group, one item. (Family members and analagous excluded.) One, one choice only.

Your clothing is igniting . . .

Ed Haynes

--This could be a VERY good thread...

Comment

Hey,
      I all ready answered the old question when my house burned 17 years ago. I had it planned, I would run in and throw as much as possiable out the windows. You know what? I saved my family and my a**, and WATCHED THE COLLECTION BURN!!! It happened so fast yet it was like slow motion, had to get out or die. I lost everything but my family. I now have my stuff insured on a rider for military collectables. When it happens you save your butt.
      Terry
      Terry Keller
      "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
      Rammstein

Comment

Well, I'd grab this:

(Providing family, cats/dogs/etc. were OK)
        My Wilhelm group. been awhile since the picture's been about. Not just his medals. But his documents, ribbon bar, funeral sash etc. The group has been togethor since 1917, so who am I to break it up/let it burn.
        PS: (of course by grabbing his folder I'd be inadvertently saving a Silver St. Henry Medal group with documents, bars, etc. since they are in the same file)
        Attached Files

Comment

His sash

This is the only thing I find a bit creepy. His funeral sash from the "brotherhood of SH Knights"
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, since the cats will be hiding under furniture and refusing to cooperate... the Whole Enchilada, photo album, presents from Dönitz etc etc all together....
            Attached Files

Comment

Interresting thread. I'd save Generalmajor Hermann Bacher's uniform because it is the only piece I have that I can put a name and a history to. I finally got a reply from the Austrian State Archive. All of the records are handwritten and hard to read. It will take me some time to interpret them. By the way, the awards are not original to the tunic.
              Attached Files
              AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X