• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID Possible?

I'm guessing a Mecklenburger.

Dave

Hey Dave

If you're holding that picture in your hands, I'd love to know where it came from as I own the exact same photo/guy!

Comment

No, this was one that was sold on the Bartko-Reher Antiquitäten web site. I was surfing through the site looking for stuff to get and for images to save for reference purposes. That was a nice crisp shot, so I thought I'd post it.

Did you get yours from Herr Seidel?

And if you have the actual card, you should be able to tell if the DA is a Mecklenburg Offizierdienstkreuz, right? And, for that matter, if there's a name on it.

Regards,
      Dave

Comment

Another one from the site, still for sale, more up the Stogie-Rick alley:

Dave

Comment

Nice pic!

No Mecklenburg DA; it is the Prussian one. After the "Militärkonvention" with Prussia 1872 the Officers got the Prussian cross; only the NCO´s got the old style ones to the end of the WW1.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

I'm surprised...

.... he still has that posted up. I bought that photo forever ago. I was hoping youi had a dupe and could supply the name because the evil Ricky pair could not figure him out. Unfortunately, no name and the bar is a blur, but I agree with Daniel. The D/A/K is most likely the Prussian one.
            Thanks for the tip on the Saxon with one arm. I ordered it, so we'll see if I can figure out who he is.

Comment

Great photo--I remember this one. I have no idea how he could stand that tunic with those collar tabs. That had to be a bear to wear! What is the web address for Bartko-Reher Antiquitäten? Thanks, Mike

Comment

Mike here is the URL http://www.bartko-reher-antiquitaeten.de/index.htm

best regards

Comment

Thank you sir!!! Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X