MG KURSUS Unit photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MG KURSUS Unit photo

Here's a neat photo of a WWI MG unit. Note the writing on the dorr which says "MG Kursus MAI 1918". Is it possible to ID which division this unit attached to?

Kursus is "Course" in German. Therefore the men in the picture have just graduated from a MG training course in May 1918. Interestingly the man on the right is feeding a belt of ammo into the wrong side of the gun. He must have scraped by with a "D-". Nice photo
    Dan Murphy

Comment

I think you may have a mixture of people that were pulled together from different units to attend this course....Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Daniel, Torsten

Thank you for your replies. I don't have a strong background in the German language. That, coupled with the fact that these soldiers appear to be pooled together from various units (as Torsten pointed out) and many have that look to them as if they've been on the front lines for a while, I would have never guessed it could be a training unit portrait. Thanks again!

Comment

Graduation photo. Most seem to be NCOs with mixed cavalry, infantry, etc elements to their uniforms.

Comment

Hi!

Nice locking foto you got there my friend.

Regards Henrik.

Comment

Thank you Henrik. I do not have many WWI photos in my collection but this is one of my favorites out of the few I do have.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X