Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staaken site

Tony,
    Thank you for the link to the Staaken site. I am planning to build a 1:48 Staaken to display with the Rfa501 Feldrock, so this site is helpful. They are mostly from Peter Grosz's "The German Giants" but exceptionally useful as they are big scans. I cannot wait to see the new Data file from Windsock on the Staaken bombers.
    I have always been fascinated with the Riesenflugzeug, can you imagine flying in a four-engine bi-plane with 42.2 m (138 ft, 5 ½") wingspan carrying 1,800 kg (3,969 lbs) of bombs? Madness.

Roy,
    I am 6' and 200lbs. This tunic is about a size 34, so it is safe from me being buried in it. This does not mean, however, that it will hit the market again until I am in fact, dead. T
    Last edited by Tony & Kaiser; 01-11-2003, 12:53 PM.

Comment

How?

Rick,
      As you indicated, a problem is that this tunic could be for a Sergeant, or a Vizefeldwebel if he carried the Officers' sword knot, but there is no way to tell as the tunic is the same for both ranks. ID-ing tunics with medals has always confused me somewhat, as theoretically a soldier could have received a medal as a Private etc, in some arm, then transferred to another arm and been promoted, so it is a bit of a grey area isn't it? But it would be nice to narrow it down. Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X