No announcement yet.

New Aviation Item!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total magnificience; absolute sweetness to the 10th. power !!!!!!!

Comment

Dan, you the man

Comment

New Aviation Item!

Very nice looking item! Have you had the opportunity to get a thread count on it yet? Mike

Comment

rudder fabric

Hi I was sorry to be the one to give the disappointing news that the large rudder fabic was not a WWI German item. I had sold it about 8 years ago, CLEARLY advising the interested buyer that it was only priced at $100 because it was not a genuine WWI German aircraft item, (in which case it would probably NOT have been for sale or priced many times higher). The odd history of it was it was painted on both sides of the rudder of our Original (only one in the world) 1928 Birdwing Imperial Biplane, probably back in the 1930's. as it had been in storage for many decades with that old cracked and aged paint. I cut the fabric off one side of the rudder to inspect it for corrosion and condition when we started to restore it. It had very nice aging to it and I thought it was a fair price for a very neat den display at the time. WWI fabric values and forgeries were not significant at the time. Sorry for the problem. To Dan's credit, he posted that information within minutes of learning the history. You can see lots of WWI artifacts, (once had 395,000 pieces of original WWI German and Austro-Hungarian parts! not a typo...) at my website at:
          www.memaerobila.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X