Which nationality ? Help ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which nationality ? Help ?

I got this photo (from Ebay, less than 2 dollars), but I have no idea which nationality that officer was.

Detail of his decorations :

Detail of his cap, cuffs and sabre:

Now the interesting thing is, that photo was taken at Coburg, Bavaria, Germany:

There is a name written across the back, Sybilla Victoria Adelheid, probably the fore-names of the bride,but no last-name.

The photo is like any other photo from the peroid before 1945, no date.

Is that an austrian uniform ? A french uniform ?
    Was he a royalty ?
    I have no idea, help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards
    Robert

One of my SWEDES. Back in a minute with which one!

The Commander grade neck order is the Swedish Sword Order. The lower star is the Swedish Seraphim Order. Second medal on the bar appears to be King Gustav V's 70th Birthday 1928.

Comment

Ja ja. taken in Coburg 20 October 1932, on the wedding day of Prinzessin Sibylle von Sachsen-Coburg- und Gotha (b. Schloss Friedenstein 18.1.1908, d. Stockholm 28.11.1977) and Gustaf Adolf Oscar Fredrik Arthur Edmund, Duke of Westerbotten (born Stockholm 20 April 1906 son of the future King Gustav VI Adolf (1882-1972) and Princess Margaret of England (1882-1920); died in an air crash at Kastrup, Denmark 26 January 1947).

Because he died before his father, never became king, but Duke Gustav Adolf's and Princess Sibylle's youngest child (and only son) is the present King of Sweden, Carl XVI Gustav (born 1946).

Comment

And, last of all, wearing the Delhi Durbar Medal, 1911. Reminds me I need to exchavate that list....

Ed Haynes

Comment

And he is wearing the Star of the Saxon-Ernestinian House order above his Seraphin to honor the nationality of his bright.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Wow

I have no words. Great, thank You Rick.
            I really thought I check that thread tomorrow same time,if there are any answer,and now...
            Rick, You're great !

Interesting is, that it is a private photo, not a postcard, maybe a gift given to friends.

Kind regards
            Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X