Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grossenordenschnalle eines württembergischen Tapferkeitsoffiziers

Dear Imperialoids!

I am sure that you check out Detlev's interesting update of today. Unfortunately I couldn't get the beautiful 8 piece's cased medal bar with 3 (!!!) ribbon bars. Detlev told me that was the first thing he sold today...

On the other hand I was tempted to buy the medal bar of a highly decorated "württembergischer" officer. How rare is the Golden medal for gallantry of the Kingdom of Württemberg? I do not have my Nimmergut's Handbücher handy...

Just to show you, what I am speaking of...

Ciao,

Claudio

picture

Sorry, I forgot to put the picture... Here it is!

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

beautious bar!

Yes, I too was sorely tempted by this one. It is rare indeed when you see the Knight's Cross paired with the gold medal. A very impressive bar!

Comment

UUUFFF! Wonderful!!!! Only about 4300 of the golden medals were awarded and in combination with the Military Merit Order VERY RARE! This guy was maybe a Feldwebel or Offiziersstellvertreter when he got the Golden MMM and later as Leutnant the MMO. A great and rare medal-bar for a great price. Too cheap!!!

Comment

I found the following numbers:
          4234 Goldene Militärverdienstmedaillen were awarded during 14-18 (1832 to officers).
          575 got the Militärverdienstorden later.

Jan

Comment

Thats nice and rare!

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

other medal bar offered by Detlev Niemann

Here is the other beauuuuutiful medal bar already sold by Detlev Niemann.... I really like these combination with "simple" medals, but with colorfull ribbons. I particularly like the Sachsen-Meiningen "Ehrenzeichen für Verdienste im Kriege" and its very particular ribbon. Great are also the ribbon bars. The second ribbon from the right (yellow/white/green/white/yellow) is quite strange... never seen before. Was it a ribbon for a commemorative WWI veteran's association medal? Maybe from Sachsen-Meiningen?

Mi girano tantissimo le paaaalllee!!!!! (translation: I am very pissed and annoyed that somebody got this great medal bar instead of me...).

Ciao,

Claudio
              Attached Files

Comment

NIIIICE SET!
                The ribbon You mentioned is a Slovakian medal from WW2 time. I dont remember exactly which one.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

The Slovakian award is the Bravery Medal. I think it came in three classes, gold, silver, and bronze, ribbons different. I'm not sure how, sorry. (So long as Antonio Prieto's site is off line, that is!)

See:

http://www.skalman.nu/third-reich/ax...ds-bravery.htm

Ed Haynes

Comment

Grossenordenschnalle

The Slovakian Bravery Medal ribbon on the bar is the bronze class.

The gold class used a red ribbon with thin blue stripe i the center, flanked by white. The silver class used a blue ribbon with a thin red center stripe flanked by white.

Comment

What a strange ribbon had this Slovakian Medal... nothing to do with their national colors! This guy was during WWII on the Eastern Front, maybe in some manner had something to do with the Slovakian allied forces. Who knows in what capacity.. some sort of military "Beamter"? Very nice indeed.... I would already have been happy to get only one of these ribbon bars. I have never seen this Slovakian ribbon on a German ribbon bar. Nice!

Claudio

Comment

Hi Claudio,

the ribbon bars are really nice; I would also like to have one!
                        It was definetly no career soldier or Beamter. No Imperial or Wehrmacht / Civilian long service award. Probably a Reservist.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

A very very interesting and beautiful combination. With the Hessen Militär-Sanitätskreuz he could be some kind of medical officer, but he should have the Prussian Red Cross Medal too for being a doctor, but maybe some kind of medical Reservist/ Verwaltungsbeamter with officer-rank?!? In WWII he got the Slovakian Bravery Medal in Bronze but he did not enough for an EKII 1939, so he got only the KVK with swords. It would be very interesting to know only the rank of this guy.

Comment

Or he also got the EK Spange and wore it on the buttonhole ribbon. In this case it doesnt show up on the ribbon bar.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

But he should have the miniature for the ribbon-bar. But the Oldenburger in the other thread shouldn't have swords... Its like the Bundeswehr, wear ribbons like you want until someone with stars begins to cryyyyyyy!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X