A nice Oldenburg ribbon-bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice Oldenburg ribbon-bar

With EKII 1914, Hausorden Peter-Friedrich-Ludwig (Ritterkreuz mit Schwertern), Hindenburg-Cross and Hungary WWI Commemorative Medal.
    Attached Files

I would say it is actually a Friedrich August Cross which the wearer decided looked nice with swords on the ribbon. (It does, actually.)

The PFL-HO with Swords during the war appears to have been linked VERY closely with possession of the Prussian Hohenzollern House Order with Swords. I'm sure there are some cases (dim memory bells ringing) where an Oldenburger got his PFL before an HHOX that never came through, but whether before or after the Prussian Order, ALWAYS after getting the Friedrich August Crosses.

Comment

Rick, are you sure about that? Wasn't there a cross to that order too?

Comment

Hey Rick L.

Jens is right, there is an honor cross with swords to this order that is rather scarce. There's a good one on eBay USA as we speak, for a (IMO) reasonable price.

Comment

Hi Jens,

I think Rick L. is right. The FAK is the basic military decoration for all Oldenburgers first, it is the same like the EK for Prussians. I´ve never seen a Oldenburg WW1 bar with a House Order or the Merit Cross with swords what didnt have the FAK.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Yes, both of you are right. But wearing "illegal" swords on that ribbon wasn't very common for the FAK.

Comment

Das ist auch wahr.

Beste Grüße

Daniel

Comment

Something for Rickys "good but ugly" category...

Comment

exactly! The swords doesnt even have the right colors, the Frontkämpfer should be bronze, the Ungarn WW1 medal should have silver ones, but this are typical mistakes.
                  How looks the backside?

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Back is the typical late "build together" type with the small metal-plates for the single ribbons to be mounted on the plate with the pinback.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X