Imperial medal bars on ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial medal bars on ebay?

I just saw these two medal bars on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=751843262 and http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=752217884

What do you guys think?

best regards

The first group is very nice, and given the Red Eagle 3rd with Bow, the Crown 2nd virtually certainly does go with it. No way to tell from a "pure Prussian" group like that if the owner was a military Beamter or a senior civil servant-- both of whom were the sort of types who got the steel colonial medals. The photos are obviously of the American GI's family with nothing to do with this group.

The second Frackspange group surprises me only because I have never seen BOTH a silver Red Cross MEDAL with War Decoration AND the Decoration cross ditto on one group. Aside from double decorations to someone who had moved up from "NCO" to "officer" category-- I'd have thought (previously) the lower grade would have been returned. Obviously not! So they wore more than one, just like the Prussian Red Cross Medals. Very nice looking bar, no doubts about originality, but the price is high. Despite their beauty and wonderful design, the Austro-Hungarian Red Cross awards just don't demand high market prices.

PS I would suggest you guys here interested in the first group get in touch with each other BEFORE the Bidding War heats up!

Comment

Dear Rick

Many thanks for your information.

best regards

Comment

I like both bars. The Prussian one is awesome! Same as Rick I´ve never seen this Austrian Red cross combo on the 2nd bar. At least sometimes even at eBay You can find good stuff.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X