Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Hi, im searching information about the gallipoli star, and if someone knows the german officer called Harun-al-Raschid, or something like that.

Thanks and regards

Carlos

The Gallipoli Star is also known as the Iron Half Moon by the Germans and was to the Turkish the Turkish War Medal from 1915 to 1918. As far as the officer's name, he does not sound German and was undoubtedly Turkish.
    Dan Murphy

Comment

Yes, thats the thing, sounds Turkish but, i had read during the my work at the foreign affairs ministry of my country a plan of this man to create a national militia in my country, but in the comunication says that he is geman but the name has been gived by his services in Turkey, but is a german officer, a had see his picture with all his medals, wearing a german uniform, i clearly identify the iron crosses, gallipoli star, and other that i cant remember now...

thanks

Carlos

Comment

I would very much like to know who that officer was-and see the picture.

Comment

ok, have write an email to a friend that works at the foreign affairs ministry, to se if he can confirm the name and send me a picture

Cordial Greteengs

Carlos

Comment

This "Harun el Raschid"'s real name was Wilhelm Hintersatz.
            He wrote an biography on Liman v. Sanders in 1932.

As I know, he has been at the SS in WW II or TR ...
            sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Thanks!!!!, do you have more info about??

thanks

Carlos

Comment

Carlos,
                Here is a little bit more:

Harun al Raschid was nickname an Ss-Standartenführer Wilhelm Hintersatz, born 26.06.1886 in Senftenberg. Hintersatz was German and Turk officer of 1st ww, in 2nd ww served in Heer rank: Major. From 23.08.1944 in Waffen SS, 24.08.1944 SS-Sturmbannfuhrer., 1.09.1944 - SS-Obersturmbannfuhrer., 1.10.1944 - SS-Standartenfuhrer . Commanding officer of the Osttürkische Waffen Verband der SS from 20.09.1944 to 30.12.1944.

I hopethis helps it was all I could find.
                Dan Murphy

Comment

Thanks, yes is very interesting, finally, thanks a lot, i have a question, is possible know what medals he recive during ww2??

thanks again

Carlos

Comment

Finally i got the picture, but because im not a association member i can post the picture, can someone hel me posting it or saying me a way to post it in a link?

thanks and sorry

Carlos

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X