Machine gunner badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine gunner badge

Does anyone have a photo of an original WW1 German machine gunner badge that they can post? Are they reproduced to a great extent?

Thanks,
    Dan

MG armbadge.

Hi Dan, I don't actually have a photo of this badge, indeed any information on this award is quite hard to find in English. I would recommend that you pick up issue 147 of the French Militaria magazine -available from www.militariamag.com- which features a well illustrated article on the badge, together with colour photographs of original examples. As to reproductions, although I don't own one myself, I've handled several originals in the collections of friends and have also seen examples for sale that I believe to be repros. Remember that this is a comparatively scarce award which was seldom worn under combat conditions by it's original recipients for obvious reasons. Most photos show it being worn by personnel at training schools or other behind-the-lines assignments, and it also seems to have been quite widely worn in the Friekorp and early Weimar era. Originals do turn up, but beware of examples going at "reasonable" prices, in the UK Iwould expect to pay about £150, so if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is! I hope that this is helpful, despite the lack of a photograph, regards, Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X