Munich beer stein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munich beer stein

I've owned alot of German steins but not sure about this one. It's out of a local vets estate and has good quality and all the right attributes however the finish just seems a little too bright or vibrant for me and though I can feel the paint under the finish to some degree it's not in quite as much detail as I've had on others. Anybody really knowledgeable on German Reservist steins want to chim in? Thanks!
    I put the pictures at this link...
    http://www.wartimecollectables.com/stein.htm

WC,
    From the pics I did not like the overall lack of detail, On most real ones the decorative lines around the stein are hand painted. Also the way the regimental designation is done looks wrong. When I got to the pic of the Lithophane, I recognised it as one that is being faked. IMHO the stein is not real. If you have purchased it get your money back.
    Dan Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Murphy
      WC,
      From the pics I did not like the overall lack of detail, On most real ones the decorative lines around the stein are hand painted. Also the way the regimental designation is done looks wrong. When I got to the pic of the Lithophane, I recognised it as one that is being faked. IMHO the stein is not real. If you have purchased it get your money back.
      Dan Murphy
      Thanks Daniel, I felt the same way about the detail but the rest of the material from the estate was good (and worth the price!) and hated to trash a good stein without getting someone elses thoughts. Guess the vet just picked up a souvenier after the war. Appreciate greatly the confirmation. I just found a new beer... Coopers Australian, it'll taste great out of this stein!

Comment

Hi! I also collect steins (not regimental) and I usually use this forum
        http://www.steincollectors.org/SteinTalk.htm

Try to ask there. There are very knowledgeable collectors there.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X