Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legit Pickelhaube?

Hi guys,
    I'm not a helmet guy and certainly know nothing of Imperial era. Is this pickelhaube period or repro?

Thanks,

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW1-GERMAN-IMPER...QQcmdZViewItem

This is a real Prussian line infantry officers spiked helmet. However it has seen better days and is the victim of some abuse or poor storage. Unfortunately many helmets are found this way over here. They were considered just another war souvenir and eventually put up in the attic where the heat in the summers was allowed to do its damage. The rear spine, while correct looks like it could be a replacement or just has been messed with. In this condition the value is mostly in the parts and I personally would not pay more than $600 for it. Since there are no photos of the inside, the silk liner is also probably missing or shredded. Good for a display piece, but not much collector value on this one.
    Dan Murphy

Comment

Tom,
      I give it thumbs down. Spike itself is all wrong. Fuzzy pics for a reason. Even paranoid folks like me could be right!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I'm looking for one to purchase in the near future simply for display purposes. I'll probably stick to a dealer purchase or an e-stand purchase to be on the safe side as I want one that is totally legit and in good condition to retain some value.

Thanks again fellas,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X