Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf Eugen Fick, voluntairy-docter

Dear Members,

in my never-ending quest to find out everything about my famliy and related families, I turn to you again....

I am looking for any wartime info on Adolf Eugen Fick (1853-1937)

Although leading a privatklinik in Zürich and being a PD at the local University, he went back to Germany at wars-outbreak. According to the scarse info I have on him, he subsequently lead several Feldlazarettes throughout the war in Russia, Turkey and France. No further details available, sadly

My question to you is: how is the career of sanitätsoffiziere traceable? What kind of ranks did AUF reach, and where was he stationed? Are Feldlazarettes mentioned in ordindairy RL's or are there seperate documents for the Sanitätscorps?

Thanks

David M

David,

Well, it looks like this doctor had a rather interesting life, and was a veteran of both the 1870/71 War with France and the Great War. I found this in the 1935 edition of "Wer ist's" page 399:

Adolf Gaston Eugen Fick, Dr. med., Prof., Univ.-Doz. a.D., Augenarzt, Schriftsteller<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
    *22.02.1852 Marburg, Hess. Vater: Ludwig Fick, Prof. d. Anat.; Mutter Julie von Müldner.<o></o>
    1865 Gymnasium Kassel; 1868 Hersfeld; Univ. Würzburg, Marburg, Freiburg u. Zürich. married 31.05.84 to Marie Wislicensus (7 children- let me know if you want their names) {one son, Roland, was killed in action 09.02.1916 at Tahure)<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    15.08.1870 joined Inf. R. 88 as a volunteer. 01.-02.08.1870 took an abbreviated exam. 08.10.1870 marched off into <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1lace>France</st1lace></st1:country-region>, took part in the Siege of Paris, fought at the battle of <st1:City><st1lace>St. Cloud</st1lace></st1:City> u. Montretout 19.01.1871, entered <st1:City><st1lace>Paris</st1lace></st1:City> 01.03.1871. Student of medicine 1871-1876, Assistant at the Physiol. Inst. Würzburg and Assist. d. Anatom. Breslau until 1879. Volont.-Assist. with R. Förster u. H. Cohn, Professors of Ophthalmology (Augenheilkunde) <st1lace>Breslau</st1lace>; had a practice in <st1:City><st1lace>Richmond</st1lace></st1:City>, <st1lace><st1:PlaceType>Cape</st1:PlaceType><st1:PlaceName>Colony</st1:PlaceName></st1lace> until 1886, from 1887 in Zürich; habil f. Augenheilkunde u. Augenarzt; 08.1914 re-entered the <st1:country-region><st1lace>Germany</st1lace></st1:country-region> army . From Nov 14 tp Apr 1917 he led a field hospital in <st1:country-region><st1lace>France</st1lace></st1:country-region>; from Apr 1917 to May 1919 in the <st1:country-region><st1lace>Ukraine</st1lace></st1:country-region>, <st1lace>Crimea</st1lace> and <st1lace>Salonika</st1lace>. Held captive by the French for two months for “illegal activities. <o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Had the EK I, EK II, and was a member of the Bavarian “Stahlhelm” since 1928. 1935 living in Herrsching am Ammersee (south of <st1:City><st1lace>Munich-</st1lace></st1:City> not too far from where I am living now!)
    <o> </o>
    Hope you find this of interest. How many more soldiers are there in your family??????

Andy

Comment

Andy!!!!!!

Thats amazing...were did you get this info YOU HAVE THE NAMES OF HIS CHILDREN TO? THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

How many more soldiers?

Well lets see, Adolf's brother Max was a Kadet in Oranienstein as he died aged 20 near in Z******252;rich (visiting his elder brother???) in 1873,

Then ofcourse there are the two cousins of Adolf, Louis and Georg, with there father and uncle, Hauptmanner in GR Regt Nr 11 and 38

the grandfather of the latter was a kurhessian Generalleutnant, whose brother was a westfalian Kapitain and his youngest son a prussian Secondelieutenant. And then a cousin to my own grandfathers father was a fighterpilot in WWI....

that about covers all the soldiers in my family, up to now.........what can I say, we are kurhessians (better fighters then most prussians )

DavidM

Comment

David,

The information comes from the 1935 edition of "Wer ist's" (as I mentioned in the original response.) It's a rather useful volume and contains a greatr deal of hard to find people and information. Here are the children of Adolf and Julie:
        Hildegard 25.03.1885
        Roderich 16.11.1886
        Giesela 15.03.1889
        Brunhilde 0.01.1891
        Ingeburg 27.06.1893
        Roland 29.10.94 (killed 09.02.1916).

I neglected to mention in my first post that is is next to impossible to track doctors during the war- especially volunteers. There are no published records for these, as far as I know. Regular military doctors are found in the annual Rangliste and their careers can be traced with relative ease. Many regimental Stammlisten also included doctors who were assigned, and if one is lucky, one can find additional info there.

Andy

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy...yes I saw you mention your source the second time (overlooked the first time) Well I have a photo (not scanned) with the Ficks at the M******252;ldners family estate Spangenberg were there is a mention of Ingeborg, funny none of her younger brothers or sisters is mentioned (maybe some of them died young) Ingeborg looks something like 10. Still the details are very interesting....and I can add them to my article "Vorfahren und Nachkommen der kurhessischer Generalleutnant und Generaladjudant Georg Carl Wilhelm M******252;ldner von M******252;lnheim (1782-1863)"

Thanks again!!
          Last edited by David Müldner; 11-20-2005, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X