German Orders Almanac 1908/09 now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Orders Almanac 1908/09 now available

Many of you have expressed interest in the German Orders Almanac on CD so I am posting here. Now available from Rangliste on CD - the German Orders Almanac 1908/09 (Deutscher Ordens Almanach 1908/09 – DOA). Over 1800 pages of this rare and very expensive research book was scanned into Adobe PDF format at 300 DPI for very clear viewing. The DOA can be viewed with Adobe Reader from Adobe. If you do not have Adobe Reader it is a free download from Adobe at www.adobe.com or
    www.adobe.de. The DOA was scanned into several PDF files for easy of use and access spend. The files are:

Introduction
    Orders Index
    Name listing A-E
    Name listing F-H
    Name listing J-L (no listing for I)
    Name listing M-Q
    Name listings R-S
    Name listings T-Z
    Book Information
    Also included is a German to English typeset translation sheet. What is the German Orders Almanac and how do you use it? The German Orders Almanac was not an official government publication. It was a vanity press "Who's Who?" focused on the German esteem for awards and the social prestige that decorations gave to decoration holders. As such, while not all inclusive, it does provide the single largest, concentrated listing of otherwise "invisible" civilian award holders for Imperial Germany. Each
    recipient chose what to include-- from a bare listing of the often inconsequential awards they had received to first names and full birth data, along with current positions and complete home addresses. There is literally nothing like it for the mass of German civilian award recipients,
    and even military awards holders often reveal fuller personal details than are found in official Rank Lists. As such, it is an unparalleled research resource for the lives represented in medal groups-- from reigning monarchs to pensioned schoolteachers. From the data each listed person
    provided on himself or herself, clues are provided as to where to search for even more additional career or award information. The German Orders Almanac is the foundation for any pre-World War biographical research on award recipients. Because the Orders Almanac was privately printed, it did not follow the "usual" abbreviations and common emblems representing German awards found in military Rank Lists and state Handbooks. The
    keys to the Almanac's unique "system" are fund in the preliminary area of the book, listed by state. An exceptionally useful feature of the Almanac is that campaign and jubilee medals which were almost never listed in any other sources ARE listed here-- and can make all the difference in identifying the original owner of a specific medals group. Until memorization is complete, users may want to print out that section to familiarize themselves with the Almanac-specific awards codes system. One rational feature of the Almanac "system" is that it alphabetizes German awards by state (Anhalt to Württemberg) and then foreign awards follow, also alphabetized. No period source--maddeningly--ever listed awards in the actual precedence that they were worn, but at least this by-state system allows something specific to be skimmed for-- no "M" awards= listed
    person had no Mecklenburg awards, and so on.

The German Orders Almanac is available on CD for $100. The price includes free worldwide mailing and no paypal fees! If you wound like a sample file please PM or email me. You can order the German Orders Almanac from Rangliste on CD by emailing me at ranglisteoncd@optonline.net
    for ordering instructions or simple send a paypal payment for $100 to pchepurko@optonline.net. Please be sure to include your mailing address. I will email you when payment is received and send your CD. Also available is Volume 1 from Rangliste on CD which contains all of the ranklists to research WW1 German Army or Navy officers. Please email to
    ranglisteoncd@optonline.net for more information.
    Attached Files
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Hi Paul,

greeeat job!!!!!!
    I cannot wait to have my copy!

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X