Teutonic Knights cross on Trifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teutonic Knights cross on Trifold

Got photos of this stunning Order of the Teutonic Knights - AKA Order of the Marion Cross.
    Your opinions on the cross and its value also apreciated.
    Attached Files

the enamel is flawless....
    Attached Files

Comment

Eindecker,
      The cross and ribbon are IMHO, very real. Beautiful piece. There appear to be some markings (maker, content?) on the ring. Can you give us a close up of these markings? Most of these I have seen are cased, is there a case?
      Dan Murphy

Comment

When I held it there were two marks on the ring, but I could not make them out - one is either 800 or 900?? Dont know - what is the value on one of these as I am looing to buy it. Sadly - no case...
        Regards
        Charles

Comment

Originally posted by eindecker2
          When I held it there were two marks on the ring, but I could not make them out - one is either 800 or 900?? Dont know - what is the value on one of these as I am looing to buy it. Sadly - no case...
          Regards
          Charles
          Hi Charles, greetings from vienna. It's a beautifull mariannerkreuz before 1918 made maybe by Rothe. enamel seems to be intact. the ribbon is correct. the older ones from the 1870ies have a total black ribbon.i would spend up to 160 USD if i really wanted to have it right NOW. otherwise i would wait to get it a bit cheaper and maybe cased.

regards
          haynau

Comment

Great looking workmanship!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X